View Full Version : What's that foam for toolboxes called?

Frederick Skelly
07-27-2015, 9:10 PM
It's black and about 3/4" thick. It's easily cuttable so you can custom fit your tools. I often see it in fancy toolboxes guys have made, where everything is so perfect you wonder if they use 'em. :)

I thought it was called "kaizen" but that's not the same product I'm thinking of. My websearch turned up nothing - must be using the wrong terms.

Anybody know what that stuff is called?

Thank you!

Alan Lightstone
07-27-2015, 9:20 PM
Kaisen foam. Fastcap sells it, amongst others. If I'm thinking about the same stuff.

Tom M King
07-27-2015, 9:22 PM
Pick n Pluck ???

Tom M King
07-27-2015, 9:24 PM
I just did a search on ebay for "tool box foam", and there are many choices.

Frederick Skelly
07-27-2015, 10:40 PM
Thanks guys! I think I tried every search except "tool box foam". (:o head slap!!!)
When I did, I found several varieties.

Appreciate the help!

Justin Ludwig
07-28-2015, 7:47 AM
A place for everything and everything in its place. The foam is only useful if you use it. ;) Buy a label maker for the drawer fronts (or tape and a marker).

08-01-2015, 3:52 PM
My aviation tool box uses this type of foam, it works very well, no lost tools. However, if you use the black foam, small, dark tools will disappear. Use white foam and outline the tool with a red magic marker. After cutout, use the red marker to paint the inside of the cutout. Also don't use two thin sheets with a contrasting color on the bottom, they will delaminate and make a mess. Buy a good thick light colored liner, overly thick can be trimmed, too thin is just a waste of money.