PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly G0623X Dust Control Modifications

Jay Novak
07-27-2015, 1:15 PM
Hello All. Looking at getting the G0623X. Love the features, really disappointed with the dust control. I am re-doing my shop to follow Bill Pentz's DC recommendations (including installing my new Clearvue cyclone with PVC ducting), so I will obviously need to modify the port and cabinet in the G0623X (will also be using it with a Sharkguard). My question is, has anyone done any DC modifications to this saw/cabinet? Aside from adding a false sloped floor and funneling the dust to a modified port, I am even considering removing/modifying the internal blade shroud and installing a new custom hood to capture the dust (I am aware of makeup air considerations), but there may not be enough room to do this (have not been able to find interior cabinet dimensions/clearances). Would love some feedback and even pictures if possible. Thank you all.

Jim Dwight
07-27-2015, 2:54 PM
If you have suction at the blade guard and in the saw cabinet, you should have it covered. You might want to use sheet magnets to close off other openings if you still get any dust escaping.