PDA

View Full Version : Another Question/Suggestion!!

Randy Meijer
08-19-2005, 3:49 PM
When one moves the mouse pointer to the title of a post, an image appears allowing one to preview that post. On my computer, that image only lasts for a few seconds before automatically disappearing. Frequently, I haven't fully ingested the information. Is it possible and relatively uncomplicated to adjust the interval of the display of the image or can it be changed to display the image as long as it is being pointed or is this too much trouble to fool with or is this a problem with my computer??

Thanks for any assistance that might be forthcoming,

Note: On my machine the image appears for 5± seconds. Twice that would probably be about right......for me at least.

Randy Moore
08-20-2005, 9:50 PM
Randy,

I know it is not your computer, mine does the same thing. Sometimes I just point to the item for second or third time to see if I am interested in it.

Like you wish it was longer but...........HEY is it too much trouble to make preview time longer?

Randy

Randy Meijer
08-21-2005, 3:08 AM
Maybe SMC should sponsor a speed reading course for all of the "RANDYS" at SMC??? :D :D :D

John Hart
08-21-2005, 6:50 AM
This is a parameter that would be set within the website software dealing with hover-time. You can set the time before the text is displayed and how long it's displayed. Myself, I'd like 5 more seconds. Maybe you Randys should start a poll and see if it's worthwhile for Aaron to consider adding a few seconds. :)

Randy Meijer
08-21-2005, 4:05 PM
It's not that big a deal to me. If it is something that can be changed in a few minutes it would be nice, but if it involves a bunch of work, I wouldn't worry about.

Robert E Lee
08-21-2005, 5:21 PM
Just keep your mouse pointer moving a very small amount on the post letters.
Bob

Randy Meijer
08-22-2005, 12:31 AM
Thanks, Bob. That works like a champ!!