PDA

View Full Version : Sawstop Customer Service - Kudos

jerry cousins
07-25-2015, 12:47 PM
After many, many years using a Delta Unisaw, about 2.5 years ago I switched to the 3hp Sawstop cabinet saw - wanting the safety factor. So far I have really liked the saw- I thought that even the packaging & setup were pretty impressive. Last Thursday I noticed that the laminate on the xtension table was peeling up – along the edge that butts into the saw’s table top.
Late in the day, or maybe just after business hours, I emailed customer service about the problem – asking if this is just one of those things that usually happens after a time - was not xpecting very much since the saw is several years old & figuring i might have to buy a new one.
The next morning (Friday) I got an email with an id case number xplaining that I should hear from them by the close of the next business day (to me the following Monday). By mid-afternoon that same day I got another email saying that yes – the saw is out of warranty, but nevertheless the delaminaton should not have happened. Please send them a picture of the problem and they will ship out a new one.

So here’s to Sawstop – when someone does it right they deserve a “shout-out.”
jerry

Kevin Womer
07-25-2015, 2:01 PM
Customer service is one of the main factors in my decision to buy one too. They are a terrific outfit.

mreza Salav
07-25-2015, 2:56 PM
Yep, the best customer service I've seen and I've seen some great ones.

Keith Hankins
07-25-2015, 2:57 PM
Sounds like them. I bought the ICS and noticed a small and i mean small chip in the powder coating on the rail. I called and asked if they had some touch up paint just so I could seal it to match the rest of the long rail and not let it rust. They said they did not have touch up paint and that would not do. They sent me a whole new 7' rail in a few days. They ain't cheap by any stretch of the imagination, but the dude did right when creating his customer service department. They definately have the right attitude.

Rod Sheridan
07-27-2015, 8:33 AM
It is nice to have good customer service isn't it?

regards, Rod.

Dan Borello
07-27-2015, 5:50 PM
They have been great in my experiences as well. That being said, I believe this is a known problem. I had the same problem on my 36" extension table, they sent me a new one, but mentioned they had seen it before.

jerry cousins
07-27-2015, 8:10 PM
hey dan - wondering how long ago you had yours replaced - not coming apart yet? if it's a known problem wonder if they are using better adhesive.
jerry

jerry cousins
07-29-2015, 7:30 PM
closing the circle - new table arrived today - not just the table but the whole xtension assembly package.
jerry

David Ragan
07-30-2015, 7:23 AM
They certainly do have the best CS I've ever come across. Not many questions besides how to help you out. Then, they do it chop-chop.

Dan Borello
07-30-2015, 1:11 PM
hey dan - wondering how long ago you had yours replaced - not coming apart yet? if it's a known problem wonder if they are using better adhesive.
jerry

I had mine replaced about 3 months ago. To be honest, it actually isn't bothering me enough to actually replace it, so the new one is sitting in a box. Also, after I kind of regret not getting the 52" fence. So, I am still thinking about picking up the 52" rails and either buying the extension table or building my own.