PDA

View Full Version : Jet Jwcs-10 arbor spinning.

John russo
07-24-2015, 3:53 PM
Hi, I have a Jet jwcs-10 table saw. At when I raise the blade to the top position and lock the knob down. The blade doesn't move but the flange and arbor continue to move. If I go into the highest position on the hand wheel, I can keep going and make it jump the gears. Do these gears need to be adjusted ? If so how?

david brum
07-24-2015, 10:48 PM
Hi, I have a Jet jwcs-10 table saw. At when I raise the blade to the top position and lock the knob down. The blade doesn't move but the flange and arbor continue to move. If I go into the highest position on the hand wheel, I can keep going and make it jump the gears. Do these gears need to be adjusted ? If so how?

Have you cleaned the trunnion gears? It sounds like they may be completely packed up with gunk.

John russo
07-25-2015, 7:36 AM
Yea there was a lot of gunk in there . I cleaned that up. I think I might have discovered what was happening is that there was a Teflon freudblade that was making the arbor spin( there's not two nuts on there to put the blade on. So I scuffed it up and it seems to tighten up enough. And a non Teflon blade gets pretty tight. You just get can't over tighten.From what I understand on a table saw they even lock down Alitalia more as you're using them.