PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Bob I Taylor
07-23-2015, 7:54 PM
G'day everyone, total newbie here both to this forum and to lazer engraving. Just bought a 40W machine (from china) and although it seems to be working ok I cant read Chinese and have no idea how to import a pic for it to engrave. Have no idea how to download or open Coral either. Any idea's, tips etc. Cheers. bob

Bill George
07-23-2015, 8:05 PM
G'day everyone, total newbie here both to this forum and to lazer engraving. Just bought a 40W machine (from china) and although it seems to be working ok I cant read Chinese and have no idea how to import a pic for it to engrave. Have no idea how to download or open Coral either. Any idea's, tips etc. Cheers. bob

Bob, glad you checked in. If you can figure out how to do it, posting the make and model number of your machine and the machine software and version in your Signature line, will help you get help faster.

There has also been posted here lots of information on using the software you have and some tips on using Corel Draw. A Search will bring up more info than you can imagine. Most of us spent a lot of time learning that way. PS Corel is not a download, at least not for free anyway.

Roy Sanders
07-23-2015, 9:49 PM
Hi Bob,

Are you talking about Laser Draw? It is the software that attaches to CorelDraw and it is the 'print driver' controller between Corel and the machine. So first you install Corel Draw. Did you not get a CD? it will have a number of zip files. Unzip all of your files. you will then be able to install the Laser Draw.

NOW ALL of this is totally not relevant if your CD doesn't exits. In that case you in deep poop if you have to figure this stuff out all together. here is another option

Go to https://translate.google.com Then copy/ paste your Chinese into the window and it will translate it for you. I know this works, as I was 'whatsup' chatting with my manufacture representative and i used it with her. She confessed that many of the reps use it to communicate with Americans and others.

I agree with Bill. put all your stuff in your signature and those of us who have the same or similar stuff can help.

Roy

Bob I Taylor
07-23-2015, 11:35 PM
Thanks guys :)

Bert Kemp
07-23-2015, 11:40 PM
there must be a place to change to English in the menu. you have to buy coreldraw , if your not a pro in business then x5 will do you well.
we really need to know what brand and model machine you have and what software and version it is.

Bob I Taylor
07-24-2015, 2:57 AM
Does this help?
ebaycomau/itm/252027821417?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Roy Sanders
07-24-2015, 6:24 AM
Bob

MoshiDraw is the companion software that couples with CorelDraw.

Let's work on your signature. Look at the very top right corner of this page. you will see Settings. click settings and then on the left find signature. a window much like this one will pop up. This is where you type in all the relevant information you wish us to see about you. List the name of your laser, the software that you will use to run it and any other information including a pic, or graphic. Once saved it will show up at the bottom like mine and others.

Then when you ask specific questions other members will look at that signature and if they use the same, or similar stuff they will offer opinions fixes etcetera.

you will need to buy CorelDraw x 6 or 5; 7 is not supported by a number of Chinese machine. DO NOT ATTEMPT to cut any 'plexiglass' other than ACRYLIC it doesn't cut. Go slow and use patience. Enjoy.

Roy

Bill George
07-24-2015, 8:01 AM
Does this help?
ebaycomau/itm/252027821417?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I found the product you purchased. Your in for a lot of frustration and headaches with the software and the machine in general. So you found this Forum after you purchased, to bad it was not before.

Looks like you have a pirated copy of Corel Draw also. Good luck.

CorelDraw Software Included. CorelDraw has the ability of both NewlySeal and NewlyDraw and so it can be employeed in both carving and cutting works.
MoshiDraw has the ability of both NewlySeal and NewlyDraw and so it can be employeed in both carving and cutting works.