PDA

View Full Version : Fein Turbo I

Bradley Gray
07-21-2015, 1:08 PM
Well, the old shop vac at my house finally screeched its last screech and went to order the turbo I as a replacement. I looked at some recent reviews and some indicate that the quality has fallen off.

Has anyone bought one of these recently?

Bill ThompsonNM
07-22-2015, 12:25 AM
Well, the old shop vac at my house finally screeched its last screech and went to order the turbo I as a replacement. I looked at some recent reviews and some indicate that the quality has fallen off. Has anyone bought one of these recently?
After reading the Amazon reviews and with three Fein vans now, I would say go on and buy it. Run the heck out of it with the autostrada right off the bapt so if it fails you can depend on Amazon to replace it.
Truthfully, never had any problem with three Fein vacs over fifteen years Last purchase was a few years ago. Best purchase was a great working older turbo 1 for about $100 off eBay.

Russ Ellis
07-22-2015, 7:31 PM
Bought a Turbo II a few months ago. Had to return the first unit due to shipping damage. Note that Fein puts no foam or other packing material in the box, the vacuum touches the cardboard.

Second unit is running well. Really liking the suction power and especially the low noise. Took a few tries to figure out a method to storing the hose and cord.

James Gunning
07-23-2015, 6:13 PM
Bought a Turbo II many years ago. It has been the best vacuum I ever had. Very quiet and powerful. Only problem is recently the sound deadening foam started to come out of the housing in small chunks. I took the top off and picked most of the loose stuff I could get out. I looked at the parts suppliers to see if I could source a complete set of sound foam, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Vacuum still works perfectly, just a bit louder without the foam.

Rich Enders
07-25-2015, 3:00 PM
+1 on the foam coming out in chunks on mine (which is 12+ years old).

John Lohmann
07-25-2015, 5:42 PM
Foam rots in 10 years or so, look at old camera bags, or any foam padding

Kent A Bathurst
07-25-2015, 6:23 PM
12 year old T-III is a horse. Never let me down. Works great attached to ROS, belt sander, router w/ dust pick up, and with a hose to clean up general mess.

Hesitated because of the $$$. An excellent investment, as it turned out, IMO.