PDA

View Full Version : After 5 hours and 37 trips to the store....

Dennis Peacock
08-18-2005, 7:37 PM
I FINALLY got the plumbing repairs done here at the house today. Had to rip out the old busted disposal and replumb "everything" under the kitchen sink!!! :mad: I swear....whoever did the plumbing in this house must have been the neighborhood "I'll do anything for a buck" type person!!! :mad:

Also got the LOML's bathroom faucet to stop leaking as well. Just took new springs and seals to stop the hot water and cold water leaks at the faucet.

Did I mention that I HATE PLUMBING!!!!!

Anyway, glad to have that done and I don't even know if I saved myself any money or not due to increased gas prices and the price of parts. I guess I at least saved the cost of a service call by a certified plumber. Oh well, it's done now and I'm THRILLED to have that done and out of the way.!!! :D

Ken Fitzgerald
08-18-2005, 9:42 PM
Well Dennis you are not alone......Did I mention...I hate Plumbing?.......Now get back to the shop and make some sawdust! There's still a shortage don't you know?

JayStPeter
08-18-2005, 10:02 PM
Plumbing ... only 37 trips ... pretty good job :D .

The only thing worse than plumbing is drywall. It really stinks when the plumbing problem requires tearing up some drywall. Sounds like you at least didn't have to deal with that.

Jay

Steve Clardy
08-18-2005, 10:24 PM
I usually bring home 3 grocery sacks of plunbing supplies to do a job. 30 minutes into the job, theres something else i need. Haul it all back, return it and start all over again.

Dennis Peacock
08-18-2005, 11:33 PM
At the given rate that I'm collecting plumbing supplies.....I should be able to do most anything around the house within the next 2 years.!!! :eek: :D

Michael Stafford
08-19-2005, 6:14 AM
So Dennis you really did go home early yesterday and take care of the little woman's sink.... :p :D Did you take care of that crack problem we were discussing? :eek: :D My house has been plagued with "water" and plumbing related problems also. Glad you had time to take care of a little home work..... :p :D

Jeff Sudmeier
08-19-2005, 8:16 AM
I can do a lot of things in a house, but like you, plumbing is my least favorite! Just don't do it enough to know what you need!!

Dennis Peacock
08-19-2005, 8:34 AM
So Dennis you really did go home early yesterday and take care of the little woman's sink.... Did you take care of that crack problem we were discussing? My house has been plagued with "water" and plumbing related problems also. Glad you had time to take care of a little home work.....

Yes, I REALLY went home and the sink is fixed!!!! :p The crack problem? Yea, Bib's took nice care of that problem. :rolleyes: :D

Seems like every time you think you're finally getting your "head above water"? Something around the house decides to break!!! :( :rolleyes:

Back to the cabinets tonight. :D

Tom Stover
08-19-2005, 9:01 AM
I usually mess up more than just the problem area when it comes to plumbing. Wednesday I had to take out a 40 year old drain pipe and replace it with plastic. Of course I twisted the old pipe off at the tree and had to chisel it out. I got it together and working now. Glad you got it all repaired without pulling your hair out.

larry merlau
08-19-2005, 9:24 AM
I usually mess up more than just the problem area when it comes to plumbing. Wednesday I had to take out a 40 year old drain pipe and replace it with plastic. Of course I twisted the old pipe off at the tree and had to chisel it out. I got it together and working now. Glad you got it all repaired without pulling your hair out.

i dont think he could get much of a hold on his hair its pretty short, maybe some needle nose could help :D

Jim Becker
08-19-2005, 9:31 AM
Hmm....it would have taken me 39 trips to the 'borg and I still would have had to use duct tape for something temporary... ;)

Dennis Peacock
08-19-2005, 2:16 PM
i dont think he could get much of a hold on his hair its pretty short, maybe some needle nose could help :D

Oh so-o-o-o-o true Larry!!!!!! :D I like keeping my hair SHORT for just such an occassion!!!!! :eek: :rolleyes:

Michael Gabbay
08-19-2005, 3:54 PM
What sucks more is hiring a plumber (at the cost of a high priced lawyer) and then having to redo or call them back to redo their work! :mad:

My bathroom remodel has been a pain with the plumbing. Thankfully its almost over! :)

Scott Parks
08-20-2005, 3:16 PM
37 Trips??? I've learned my lesson. I now buy way more supplies than I've estimated. Thanks to Home D, and Lowe's return policies, I simply just wheel in a shopping cart full of returns and 37 reciepts of everything I didn't use.

I actually did a quick plumbing project the other day.. With only 1 trip to the borg.:D Had to plumb water from under the kitchen up into the new fridge for the water/ice maker. I actually spent more time in HD trying to figure out what I wanted to buy, than actually sweating in the new pipe... And I have lots' of parts left over... (of course trip #2 will be to return parts... or buy stuff for the next project:D)

Joe Tonich
08-20-2005, 8:17 PM
Dennis,

Bet ya don't hate plumbin as much as me!!!
Heck, Deb grabs the boys & pets and heads for the hills when I start working on anything water connected. :eek: :o

Only 37 trips?? Your GOOD!!!! ;)

Ernie Nyvall
08-20-2005, 9:59 PM
I swear....whoever did the plumbing in this house must have been the neighborhood "I'll do anything for a buck" type person!!! :mad: :D

Same here Dennis. We bought this place to build while we live in it. The first winter, the wrapped pipes froze under the house. Kinda glad it did for when I unwrapped it, it was 30' of water hose!!!!! After replacing, we still had lower pressure than should have been, so I traced the line and found twelve 90 degree elbows before the water got to the house!!!!! Not good when you have your own well. Replaced that. The electricity to the shop was not underground cable, but that is where it was running in regular pvc and full of water. It was also bent through several 90 degree couplings, which is bad for electricity too. I could go on and on. :mad:

Ernie