PDA

View Full Version : small lean to addition to woodshop

cody michael
07-19-2015, 9:52 AM
i have a 16x24 woodshop, i am thinking of making a small addition off the back, to put dust collector, propane tank for heater etc in. the ceiling is pretty low so i can't make it very bigi was thinking maybe 3-4 ft out maybe 6-8 feet long.

has anyone did anything similar? and have advice, should i make it slightly bigger or smaller?

i would like to have it big even to store some lumber in but im not sure if its possible. i will try to get some measurements and pictures later on

cody michael
07-21-2015, 8:47 AM
the roof is about 80 inches high. here is a picture. any ideas of how to make a useful space would be appreciated317756

Charles Lent
07-21-2015, 1:21 PM
I put a 6 X 6' addition on the end of my 14 X 26' shop to hold the 80 gal 5 hp air compressor. I then added a refrigerated air dryer on one side of the air compressor and hung the shovels on the wall on the opposite side of the air compressor. It would have been barely acceptable for just the air compressor, but adding everything else has made it way too small. My vacuum system is in the attic of my shop. It's not the best place for it, but I don't want to build another addition. No matter how big you make it you will always wish you had made it bigger.

Charley