PDA

View Full Version : Rowmark ADA Alternative too sticky

Re Wood
07-16-2015, 1:03 AM
I'm working on my first job with the new laser and its time to figure out how to make the ADA raised letters and braille happen. I thought I had the problems all solved, but now I'm having a hard time getting the 1/32" ADA Alternative with sticky back to work with me. It's too sticky. Removing it from the back piece requires applying pressure and damaging the back piece. Forget about removing the inside of R's, P's and O's. I'm so close, it's killing me.

Is there some magical tool to aid in this? So far the best I've found is a razor blade and a pair of safety googles. Not very good.

Phil Noakes
07-16-2015, 7:46 AM
Good Morning. This is Phil Noakes with Rowmark. I am sorry you are experiencing problems with the 1/32" ADA material. May I suggest you call our help desk at 1-877-769-6275. We will be glad to help you solve the issue. Thank you for using our products.

Mike Null
07-16-2015, 10:21 AM
Phil

Glad to have you check in with us.

For those who may not be aware, Rowmark is one of our sponsors and Johnson Plastics has a special offer for SMC members which includes all Rowmark items. You can find the offer under Engraver's announcements.

Paul Phillips
07-16-2015, 11:05 AM
I usually put a weeding box around whatever I am cutting which is mostly room numbers, IE, send the numbers layed out as they are to applied but with a box drawn around them justified with at least one corner of the sign, this will also act as your placement jig, cut them, but before you pull them out, lay a piece of masking tape over the numbers so they don't fall out, now pull the piece out and lay it upside down, give a light wipe with some DNA to remove any burned residue, weed out the centers and the backs of the letters, now place it on your sign and use a laminate roller or similar to press your letters down good, peel off the tape and you should be good to go. FYI, if you ever do need to lay down a large piece of ADA material with the backing removed, do so very gently and lightly, it IS repositionable pressure sensitive tape, once you press it down though, it's permanent! One more thing to remember, the edges of the ADA material can feel sticky for a few hours, they will eventually dry out however, just give it time. Hope this helps.