PDA

View Full Version : 2P-10 Glue, gel

Scott Brandstetter
07-15-2015, 10:23 PM
Anyone use this stuff? I see it's a two part glue and seems interesting. If you use it......how or with what glue ups do you use it for. Always interested in learning about new products or rather, new methods.

Michael Stockdale
07-16-2015, 9:16 AM
I saw it in use on one of Sommerfield's videos... Looks like CA with spray accelerator to me, but I could be wrong.

Tom Ewell
07-16-2015, 10:57 AM
Haven't used the gel but use the thick version primarily for small parts like cabinet crown returns and smaller.
The joints are fairly secure straight up but it's a brittle connection, can also use it to 'clamp' miters and the like in combo with pva, couple of dots of P2 10 hold the joint together while the pva sets.
Yes it's fast, apply the glue to one part, hit the mating part with accelerant align and hold together for about ten seconds and it's stuck, on occasion to fingers too.
Should be a ton of videos out there, usually get mine from fastcap.

David Hawxhurst
07-16-2015, 11:08 AM
i would not use it for anything structural. it is brittle and a sharp impact will break/crack it. works well for small stuff or to temp hold something in place while you secure it in a more permeant manner (i.e. screw, nail, cure time for another adhesive).