PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit

Rod Sheridan
07-14-2015, 10:36 AM
I'm working in Virginia this week at our Satellite Earth Station and Rich Riddle was nice enough to drive there and meet me, and pick up the dado set I had for him.

We had a great visit, it's really nice to meet people that you spend time interacting with on the forum.

Sorry no photographs as we were at the station...........Regards, Rod.

David Hawxhurst
07-14-2015, 10:41 AM
so where about in VA are you? I'm near Fredericksburg.

Rod Sheridan
07-14-2015, 11:27 AM
so where about in VA are you? I'm near Fredericksburg.

Hi David, I'm working in Mount Jackson, staying in Harrisonburg...............Regards, Rod.

David Hawxhurst
07-14-2015, 11:47 AM
thats a bit to far i think. ~2.5hrs give or take some traffic.

Matt Day
07-14-2015, 12:55 PM
I just drove by the 'burg on Friday on my way to C'ville, through some torrential downpours. Then headed to the GWNF for some great mountain bike riding on my old stomping grounds. I sure miss the blue ridge. Enjoy it!

Rod Sheridan
07-15-2015, 8:58 AM
Thanks Matt, I love the Blue Ridge, my avatar is my older BMW on the Blue Ridge near Asheville NC..............Regards, Rod.

Kent Adams
07-15-2015, 11:42 AM
Huh, I'm from Asheville. Small world.

John Hubbs
07-15-2015, 1:53 PM
I was in Asheville last year for my anniversary vacation. Beautiful area. My wife and I loved the Smokey Mountains. I couldn't help but surf some on CL one morning just to see what tools are in the area.
Nothing of interest popped up. I always search the local CL when I am traveling just to see what is out and about. I was very close to purchasing some Japanese Koi 3 years ago (my other hobby), but decided best not too.
Must be rough to look at all that beauty day after day...

Rod Sheridan
07-15-2015, 4:45 PM
Huh, I'm from Asheville. Small world.

Beautiful town Kent.

I've been to Asheville twice, both times camping at the Biltmore estate for a BMW rally.

What an estate, hot weather just about killed us though, we're not used to temperatures and humidity that high...............Regards, Rod.

Kent Adams
07-15-2015, 5:59 PM
Beautiful town Kent.

I've been to Asheville twice, both times camping at the Biltmore estate for a BMW rally.

What an estate, hot weather just about killed us though, we're not used to temperatures and humidity that high...............Regards, Rod.

My only claim to fame is that I dated the Biltmore Estate's wine master's daughter in high school. She was French :-).

Rod Sheridan
07-15-2015, 6:15 PM
My only claim to fame is that I dated the Biltmore Estate's wine master's daughter in high school. She was French :-).

Tres bon..................Regards, Rod.

Robert Payne
07-15-2015, 8:04 PM
I must admit that it is really rough living here -- I'm about fifteen miles south of Asheville -- and we not only have beautiful vistas and marvelous climate, we've got some of the best craft breweries in the country here -- Sierra Nevada just made a huge investment here and has a beautiful site for all to enjoy.

http://www.cdn.sierranevada.com/sites/default/files/content/slideshows/frontweb.jpg

http://www.cdn.sierranevada.com/sites/default/files/content/slideshows/pilotkettles.jpg

Rod Sheridan
07-15-2015, 8:55 PM
Thanks for the post Rob, if I'm back I'll be sure to go to the brewery...........Regards, Rod.