PDA

View Full Version : Trotec registration camera thing

Jay Selway
07-14-2015, 9:53 AM
Any you guys have one? Curious what your experience has been. I've heard good things, but it's not cheap to add to the system I'm looking at.

I do a ton of paper, so I gather it'd be well worth the time saving from having to manually register everything.

Mike Null
07-14-2015, 4:13 PM
I've seen it in operation and it works like a charm. Pricey though.

Martin Boekers
07-14-2015, 4:28 PM
I have it on my new Epilog Fusion haven't set it up yet.... I believe there are a few here that
have it on the Epilog... Epilogs was around $3500.00 I do have a use for it or I might have
passed as it is expensive.

Ross Moshinsky
07-14-2015, 4:32 PM
The good thing about this tech is it's not new tech. CNC routers have had this for around 10 years if not longer. Any implementation should be fairly seamless at this point. It just boils down whether or not you can justify the price. I think you'd need to do quite a bit of this type of work to justify the price. Printing a border, cutting on the border to square two of the edges and then throwing it on the laser is a proven method to handle this kind of work.

Dave Sheldrake
07-14-2015, 4:51 PM
My Mitsu has edge detection, it's combined with a nesting package so it doesn't matter how the sheet is laid in the machine it will adjust the layout to suit.It's useful....sometimes.

Mike Null
07-15-2015, 6:58 AM
I believe my Graphtec vinyl cutter (sold) had the same technology and the total cost of that cutter was about $1400.

Andrew Holloway
07-16-2015, 5:47 AM
My Silhouette Cameo had the same tech and was $250AUD!