PDA

View Full Version : Delta shaper 43-375 deal or ?

Jared Sankovich
07-13-2015, 11:34 AM
Good deal or should have I stuck with my 7518+ mast-r-lift?
I've been looking for a griz 1026 or similar and this delta popped up on Craigslist list 15 miles away from me for $450. I decided to buy it once I saw what all was included.

David Nelson1
07-13-2015, 12:25 PM
You definitely SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Cutler
07-13-2015, 5:46 PM
You definitely Suck big time!!!!!

The router adapter in the lower right hand corner of the pic is worth about a 1/3rd of what you paid total, if it's original, by itself. ;)

You did well, very well.

Mike Wilkins
07-14-2015, 10:20 AM
Methinks you did well my friend. The cutters alone would cost more than the whole deal. Wish I could find a deal like that.
Enjoy your new toy/tool.

John Hubbs
07-14-2015, 12:58 PM
I have the Grizzly 3PH shaper. While I am very pleased with the shaper (CL find with power feeder) I would have made the same purchase you did. I would suggest you spend some time getting this guy dialed in and then consider purchasing a power feeder of minimum 1/2HP. They are great and keep your fingers away from cutterheads. And tap some holes on your tablesaw for the power feeder too. I use it all the time on my Walker-Turner...

Jared Sankovich
07-14-2015, 1:14 PM
I have the Grizzly 3PH shaper. While I am very pleased with the shaper (CL find with power feeder) I would have made the same purchase you did. I would suggest you spend some time getting this guy dialed in and then consider purchasing a power feeder of minimum 1/2HP. They are great and keep your fingers away from cutterheads. And tap some holes on your tablesaw for the power feeder too. I use it all the time on my Walker-Turner...

I have been looking for a power feeder already. :) They don't seem to prevalent on the used market.

Is there any reason not to go with the 1hp over the 1/2 other than size & cost?

David Nelson1
07-14-2015, 1:34 PM
Heavier and more HP the better. .5 would work but if buying new its only bit more for the 1 hp. Mine is a 1/6 HP but it older than dirt and very heavy 20 it worksf ine. What HP is the shaper? I also like the extra wing in the front you'll like that when doing large raised panels.

John Hubbs
07-14-2015, 2:04 PM
I have been looking for a power feeder already. :) They don't seem to prevalent on the used market.

Is there any reason not to go with the 1hp over the 1/2 other than size & cost?
I have two of these 1/2HP feeders. One I purchased new (Grizzly) the other I found on CL (Delta). They are exactly alike minus the badging.
They are also rather heavy. I had a 1HP feeder for about a week. Was just too darn heavy for my shaper, around 150 lbs. I was able to sell it quickly and order the Grizzly, no regrets yet.

Jared Sankovich
07-14-2015, 2:29 PM
Heavier and more HP the better. .5 would work but if buying new its only bit more for the 1 hp. Mine is a 1/6 HP but it older than dirt and very heavy 20 it worksf ine. What HP is the shaper? I also like the extra wing in the front you'll like that when doing large raised panels.

The shaper is 3hp