PDA

View Full Version : Trotec Laser Job Control Software

Chris Giannoulas
07-11-2015, 8:18 PM
I'm hoping I'm in the correct forum as this is my first time being in a forum. I am having an issue with my laser identifying a specific color for cutting. I use the Trotec color pallet RED for cutting and BLUE for scoring. No matter what color is used, anything in the middle of the image/job does NOT register/recognized by the laser and is not processed. I had no problem the other day and have tried old jobs that did work, do not now. If anyone can help me, I would so very much appreciate it as this is quite frustrating and I'm burning daylight. Thanks for your help.

Mike Null
07-12-2015, 8:20 AM
Chris

Welcome to SMC. I don't know that I can offer much other than a review of the basics. The cut line/score line has to be set to "hairline". The colors have to match the Trotec pallet and the color options have to be set correctly---cut, engrave, skip.

Scott Shepherd
07-12-2015, 9:04 AM
Chris, is the process option for halftone set to color, or something else? If you are using blue, that needs to be on color.

Keith Winter
07-12-2015, 10:13 AM
This is unlikely the issue but worth a check... Double check that material has the color set if someone accidently turned off the color for that material or you are using a new material setting that could be the issue.

Might upgrade job control if all else fails we had some issues with an older version immediatly after we updated our adobe illustrator. It broke some things in job control and it started behaving oddly. Once we updated jc all was good again.

Scott Shepherd
07-12-2015, 10:29 AM
There is also a known bug in 10.4 when using vector optimizing that will skip random items. It only shows up if you are using that feature. Are you using that feature?

Ivan Pavletic
07-13-2015, 4:30 AM
You say the old jobs do not work? Are those old taken from job control browser or are you sending to print old files? Check your Color Management in corel draw.

I had problem where job control ignored red lines. The problem was color settings in corel X3. Apparently there is keyboard shortcut for changing color mode in corel draw. I had to go in tools-Color Management and from drop down menu to select Color Management off and it worked fine :)
I have no idea how did the color management changed during the day.