PDA

View Full Version : Cermark spray can failure

Michael McDuffie
08-17-2005, 5:12 PM
As some of you may know, the spray can of Cermark is being redesigned. I think I found out why yesterday. The can I've been using developed a pin hole and very small amount of yellowish stuff leaked out. It still sprayed ok but I left it in the garage just in case. Yesterday I went out to the garage and found Cermark sprayed across the work bench. Looks like the can had corroded to failure.

If your can has any cracks in the paint or bubbling around the bottom, it may fail! Be careful.

Michael

Rose Hamacher
08-18-2005, 1:56 PM
Yes, this happened to me a couple of years ago. . .only it didn't just leak out it sprayed out, all over everything! :eek: I was shaking the can, inside my office, before going out back to spray whatever it was I was working on. Not a happy camper! I called LaserBits to complain and they assured me that the can was being redesigned and sent me a replacement. Sounds like there is still a problem, like I said my little incident happened a couple of years ago!

Regards,
Rose Hamacher

Lee Tieche
08-19-2005, 12:36 PM
I to had a can literally go off on me. Jorlink Inc. sent me a new can immediatley and all is well. The new can says to store the can on it's side. I think when this is used up I am going to start using the powdered stuff. Lee

Mike Ramsey
08-19-2005, 4:37 PM
You guys are spraying stuff that eats through the can!!:eek: Don't even know what it's for but I would suggest that you take up Turning....You only have to duck from flying bowls :) .