PDA

View Full Version : My First Time

Steve Ash
08-17-2005, 4:05 PM
It happened today at lunch time....I went into the local KFC for lunch ordered my meal and the young fellow (cashier) asked me if I was a Senior??????
Now a few months back I got a six pack of Bud Light and I was carded, and today this. I guess I just don't look my age:cool: whatever that age might be!

Lee DeRaud
08-17-2005, 4:23 PM
It happened today at lunch time....I went into the local KFC for lunch ordered my meal and the young fellow (cashier) asked me if I was a Senior??????KFC has "geezer rates"?!? Cool.

The place that annoys me is Supercuts: senior discount doesn't kick in until 60. Last time there, I was in the chair about three minutes total as usual, not like there's that much for the cutter to do.:p And to add insult to injury, there's this older guy there with this honking big mane like a TV evangelist: they were already working on him when I got there, worked on him the whole time I was waiting, every bit of 30 minutes...and he gets the discount and I don't. Ain't fair, I tell ya.:mad:

Jerry Clark
08-17-2005, 4:30 PM
The only thing worst is when they automatically give you the senior rate without asking! like Carl's Junior Hamburgers --- I was in New Mexico a couple years ago, and I had to show them my drivers license at a liquor store for beer purchase. They had to input my birthdate -- new law where everyone has to provide a license. I was born in 1938! Ha Ha

Norman Hitt
08-17-2005, 5:15 PM
The only thing worst is when they automatically give you the senior rate without asking! like Carl's Junior Hamburgers --- I was in New Mexico a couple years ago, and I had to show them my drivers license at a liquor store for beer purchase. They had to input my birthdate -- new law where everyone has to provide a license. I was born in 1938! Ha Ha

'38..........Was a Very Good year! :D

Karl Laustrup
08-17-2005, 5:32 PM
It happened today at lunch time....I went into the local KFC for lunch ordered my meal and the young fellow (cashier) asked me if I was a Senior??????
Now a few months back I got a six pack of Bud Light and I was carded, and today this. I guess I just don't look my age:cool: whatever that age might be!

Too bad they don't have senior rates to Lambeau!!!

All seniors, 20-40 yard line, one or two rows up. :D

Well, at least all PACKER fans, even those from Michigan, should have the opportunity. ;) :D

Karl

John Hart
08-17-2005, 5:32 PM
I was in BP the other day waiting behind this woman who was clearly in her late 40's only she looked like she had been drinking every day all day for 100 years, then dragged behind a truck, and she got carded for a pack of cigarettes. She got all upset but finally surrendered and showed her drivers license. Then I got up there. I said, "Do you want to see my ID too?" The lady said, "No...you look old enough" I said, "Gosh...thanks a lot!!"

Maybe I need a drink...or a hundred.

Don Baer
08-17-2005, 5:43 PM
About 8 years ago I was going through the drive through at the local Carl's and when I got up to the window the guys who I paid said " I gave you your senior discount already " :( Do I sound that old over the speaker.

Vaughn McMillan
08-17-2005, 7:59 PM
...The place that annoys me is Supercuts: senior discount doesn't kick in until 60.
I'm still a few years away from "Senior Discount Land", but Lee, you can tell by my avatar that Supercuts doesn't get any of my business. I'll gladly continue to boycott them in response to their unfair treatment of you. ;)

- Vaughn

Lee DeRaud
08-17-2005, 8:32 PM
I'm still a few years away from "Senior Discount Land", but Lee, you can tell by my avatar that Supercuts doesn't get any of my business. I'll gladly continue to boycott them in response to their unfair treatment of you. ;)The two of us average out to just enough hair to get their attention.:D

Jim Becker
08-17-2005, 9:54 PM
I'm still a few years away from "Senior Discount Land", but Lee, you can tell by my avatar that Supercuts doesn't get any of my business. I'll gladly continue to boycott them in response to their unfair treatment of you.

I resemble that remark!!

Ken Fitzgerald
08-17-2005, 10:27 PM
While I'm still a couple of years from qualifying for the seniors discount....what hasn't receded is silver.....several times young kids at the counter have said "and there's you senior discount".......I just smile and walk away with a little extra cash in the pocket. :D

Jim Dunn
08-17-2005, 11:47 PM
I was charged for a senior coffee at McDonald's the other day. It kinda ticked me off as they didn't even ask me:( And now I truly am 55 and have to show my license to prove my age. Sheeeesssseeeee!

larry merlau
08-18-2005, 7:53 AM
the reason steve was mistaken for being old, is the way he dress's and his hair color, when he's all spicfied up. see those plaid pants and purple and pink shirts along with his normally gray hair till its get colored from the sawdust he's working around. can range anywhere from pine blonde to cherry red or sometime just old oak brown. and he really is old sounding too :D

Steve Ash
08-18-2005, 8:09 AM
those plaid pants and purple and pink shirts along with his normally gray hair till its get colored from the sawdust he's working around. can range anywhere from pine blonde to cherry red or sometime just old oak brown. and he really is old sounding too :D

I haven't wore plaid pants since High School....(they were in fashion those days) You might be right about the sawdust thing though, I'm sure that is the element that makes me appear to be older than I am:D Certainly not my muscular physique or magnetic personality....(heh heh)

Jeff Sudmeier
08-18-2005, 8:30 AM
I always get a kick out of how they card people for cigs and alchohol... I am 24 and hardly ever get carded. Then I go with my dad to buy beer and he gets carded!! Aww well, they should just card everyone and make it easy on the clerks!

Stuart Johnson
08-18-2005, 10:39 AM
I take every senior discount I can get. I figure I won't get any younger by turning 'em down.

Ernie Nyvall
08-18-2005, 6:39 PM
I got carded the other day for the first time in 25 years. The officer said " It has nothing to do with how old you are, it's how fast you were going." :o

Ernie

Richard Gillespie
08-18-2005, 8:15 PM
You know, when you're given the senior discount and you do qualify even though you didn't know it was offered, is a real shock. A couple of years ago I was given it at a theater and wondered why I was charged less than I expected. My wife put two and two together and told me what was what. She expected me to get upset but a penny saved is great by me. :)

Jerry Olexa
08-27-2005, 5:14 PM
What's really bad is when they automatically give you the senior discount without even asking you...I resemble that remark also:cool: