PDA

View Full Version : Mini Max SC3 saw

Dave Tinley
08-17-2005, 12:42 PM
I am looking to upgrade from my Jet cabinet saw to the Mini Max sc3 sliding table saw. Does anybody have working knowledge of this saw??

Thanks
Dave

Steve Jenkins
08-17-2005, 2:08 PM
IF you didn't see the other post you might check this auction if you can get away tomorrow. http://pmi.vihn.net/auction/12557_QuantumDesignworks.asp

Paul Canaris
08-17-2005, 2:21 PM
Mini-max makes nice equipment, you will notice a big improvement. I have not used the mini-max specifically but have used a few others, are your questions general or specific?

Rick Lizek
08-17-2005, 6:02 PM
The SC3 was the early version of the saw. I believe the new one is the SC3 W
I used to service Minimax for a tool dealer I worked for in the 80's so I know the older ones very well. It didn't have a regualr trunion but used a hinge placed close to the table top. This meant when the blade was tilted the scale on the saw was off in relation to the fence and crosscut carriage but it was big deal once you got used to it. We sold a ton of these saws in the 80's. Great work horse and entry level panel saw. Aslo you cannot use a dado blade. If that is an issue look at Rojek and the new Felder line. I'd also suggest you look at Kufo, Hammer, Robland, Knapp, etc

Michael Perata
08-17-2005, 8:24 PM
The newer SC3 is the saw portion of my CU300 Smart. You'll really like the saw - the sliding table is worth the price of admission.

Jim Becker
08-17-2005, 9:46 PM
I also believe you may be able to get the SC3-W with dado capablity. Talk to Mini Max to get the up-to-date information on the machine.

Paul B. Cresti
08-17-2005, 10:50 PM
I am looking to upgrade from my Jet cabinet saw to the Mini Max sc3 sliding table saw. Does anybody have working knowledge of this saw??

Thanks
Dave

Dave,
I do not know that saw particularly but I have had "some" experience with some of their other equipment ;) The slider and support arm appears to be the same that is on my T50N shaper. I like it alot and it has worked well for me. I am not sure what you possible price range is but you may want to at least consider the SC4 with a 8'-0" slider. This will allow you to edge joint solid stock very quickly and accurately along with panel processing. I can not say enough good things about the company as they really do try to do their best for their customers.