PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly G3619 Resawing Bandsaw

John Hubbs
07-06-2015, 2:20 PM
Found this beauty on CL late last week. Was advertised as having a bad motor. Wife and I traveled 1-1/2 hour each way to get her. I looked up the specs on her before we left, but man she is a monster in person, 750 pounds.
Took about an hour to get loaded, as I had to remove the table and motor to cut some weight. Once I got her home and in the shop, I figured out the tires were shot. While waiting for tires to arrive via snail-mail,
I tore into motor. I removed motor from machine to transport, so just set it on workbench and tested. Motor megged okay, caps checked okay and motor resistance was spot on. I knew previous owner had replaced start and run capacitors. Ended up they disassembled motor and hooked the centrifical switch up NO instead of NC. Corrected that and she fired right up. Nameplate current is 22 amps at 230 vac. Unloaded, motor only pulls 6.8 amps. Saturday I installed new tires and existing motor on bandsaw. Fired her up, and she runs great. Using the old 1-3/4" 3 TPI blade, she cuts great. I have two new blades on order, can't wait to make some saw-dust.
I had a 14" bandsaw, but size does matter, as they say. I am now looking for some wood to resaw on CL. LOL
Regards, John...

Larry Browning
07-06-2015, 3:06 PM
Sorry John, gotta call you out on this one. No pictures, didn't happen. Them's the rules!
Also, with a saw that will take 1 3/4" blade, how big is that bad boy? And what did you pay for it? We gotta know that before you can get the traditional "YOU SUCK!" comments!

Scott Brandstetter
07-06-2015, 3:19 PM
Holy cow, what a huge score. I look almost every couple of days on Craigslist and have yet to come upon that great of a deal. Congrats

Matt Day
07-06-2015, 4:55 PM
Every couple of days Scott? You need to look a couple times a day to find the scores most of the time.
We need some pictures of this beast!

Allan Speers
07-06-2015, 11:30 PM
Nice score!

- but for a minute, I thought you were talking about this bad boy: http://www.grizzly.com/products/12-Horizontal-Re-Saw-Bandsaw/G0503

That would have been too much suckage for one forum to handle.

John Hubbs
07-07-2015, 11:12 AM
My bad guys,
I paid $350 for this monster. It came from the wood shop of a small Christian College. They had closed the shop and were selling off everything.
As stated above, to find the deals, you must check CL all the time. I have about 20 keywords I search at least once a day.
I spent another $100 on new tires and did order two smaller blades for it, both 1/2". Picture is from Grizzly's site, but mine looks just like that with a few scratches. LOL

Matt Day
07-07-2015, 11:27 AM
You have much to learn grasshopper. Manufactures catalog pictures do not count!

Larry Browning
07-07-2015, 12:02 PM
You have much to learn grasshopper. Manufactures catalog pictures do not count!

+1. We need to see the actual beast. We are a needy bunch!

cody michael
07-07-2015, 3:01 PM
don't use this tip to buy anything I want but craigslist lets you set email alerts for search terms, such as bandsaw, will show up every bandsaw posted, only works for one area at a time I believe. but still nice.

Peter Aeschliman
07-07-2015, 5:50 PM
$350!?!?!?!?

You absolutely stole that thing, from Christians nonetheless!! Shame on you!!

:p;)

John Hubbs
07-09-2015, 1:43 PM
I did have to work hard to get that monster in my truck. Don't I at least get credit for that?
I will take a picture tonight. Please forgive my stupidity...

Jeff Monson
07-09-2015, 3:04 PM
I don't think a pic is necessary for a 24" bandsaw for $350.00. I think they should just ban you from the site, that's an epic gloat.

Allan Speers
07-09-2015, 4:16 PM
$350!?!?!?!?

You absolutely stole that thing, from Christians nonetheless!! Shame on you!!

:p;)

I just KNEW religion was good for SOMETHING. :D

:eek:

John Hubbs
07-14-2015, 7:19 AM
As requested and promised, here are pictures of my Grizzly G3619. I have used some good sized upright metal bandsaws, but this is the largest wood cutting bandsaw I have used. I already love this monster.
Getting ready to make another set of kitchen cabinets. Looking forward to making some butterfly raised panels utilizing this saw...

John Boulos
08-25-2015, 11:00 AM
Wow, thats a steal. I bought the exact same one in working condition for nearly 4 times thats price! What tires did you put on them?