PDA

View Full Version : Custom Router Table Layout

Scott Wadland
07-06-2015, 9:54 AM
I'm getting ready to build a router table extension for my new table saw, and I'm agonizing over where to locate the router plate and miter track. I'm planning on using a Rockler aluminum plate and a Bench Dog dual track (miter and t-track). Because of space constraints, the router table is only going to be 20" deep.

Any thoughts on where to locate the center of the plate and the center of the track (measured from the front or back edge)? I've looked at several commercially available extensions, and they vary quite a bit.

Justin Jump
07-06-2015, 10:19 AM
Here's mine, not sure of the dimension, I can check tonight. I just went with what felt comfortable.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?222479-Weekend-Project-Lesson-Learned-and-a-Question%85&highlight=

Scott Wadland
07-06-2015, 11:14 AM
Looks great. I checked the distance from the blade to miter slots on my TS, then based my design off that. I also tried to make sure I'd have enough support for larger pieces, but didn't have to lean too far over the table. Attached is what I came up with for a design.