PDA

View Full Version : Fully functional charge center

Bart Leetch
08-17-2005, 1:07 AM
Well here it is for what its worth all finished a simple no frills charging center with a timer to handle the lesser expensive battery chargers that don't shut themselves off :D Even better none of this is on my bench or other surface in the shop any more. :eek:

Larry Norton
08-17-2005, 9:15 AM
Hey, Bart! I love it! Especially the timer. There have been reports of fires caused by plugged in battery chargers.

By the way, I thought I had a lot of cordless drills! 2 Dewalt 9.6's, 2 Porter Cable 12's, and a right angle 12 volt Dewalt. Our Homey has 12 volt Dewalt regular drills for $99,

I got the second PC on ebay for $29. The guy had bought the kit, kept the batteries, and sold the bare drill. Since I had gotten 2 extra 12 volt batteries at Homey when they were clearing them out for $29 each, I now have 2 complete drills.

Larry

Bart Leetch
08-17-2005, 9:54 AM
Hi Larry

I bought 1 Makita 9.6 variable 2 speed new about 5 years ago from Ace with flashlight & my wood working friend found a 2 speed brand new with 2 batteries & charger at a garage sale for me about 3-4 years ago. & I just purchased another exact same pair of drills from him with the variable 2 speed being a Ni Mi almost brand new with charger. The other 2 blue drills are Drillmaster 12 volts purchased from Harbor Freight about 2 years ago for $13 each & $5 apiece for the extra batteries.

Steve Clardy
08-17-2005, 10:27 AM
I need to do something like that. I think I have seven chargers sitting on my bench now.
Great idea Bart!!

larry merlau
08-17-2005, 10:59 AM
I need to do something like that. I think I have seven chargers sitting on my bench now.
Great idea Bart!!
hey steve, yours can be a spiral design and outa cherry :D hope this heaet aint wither ya to bad

Steve Clardy
08-17-2005, 2:00 PM
hey steve, yours can be a spiral design and outa cherry :D hope this heaet aint wither ya to bad

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Another idea!!!:D :D ;)

Mike Stanton
08-17-2005, 9:30 PM
How do you keep all the chargers from runing all the time you use another one? Mike

Bart Leetch
08-18-2005, 1:28 AM
All the Makita chargers are one hour chargers. The chargers I'm really worried about is the Harbor Freight chargers If I have to I'll just plug in the HF chargers into the timer.

Gilbert Vega
08-18-2005, 7:57 PM
I had the same problem with the charges taking up valuable space in the shop. So, I decided to build this shelf to store both the batteries and chargers.