PDA

View Full Version : I need help reconnecting my Epilog back to the network.

William Noyer
07-03-2015, 6:33 PM
I had my Epilog Helix connected to my network, but I got tired of my wireless connecting and disconnecting so I ran CAT6 to my office and screwed up my networking to the engraver. I know enough to be dangerous and I have endangered my network. Someone with some good networking knowledge please help. I am hoping someone on here can call me and walk me through this. Thank you in advance. Bill

Keith Winter
07-03-2015, 6:36 PM
William happy to help but I need more details on how the network is setup. Where each cable goes switches etc need to know it all plus how you want it to work.

William Noyer
07-03-2015, 6:40 PM
Can I give you a call Keith?

Keith Winter
07-03-2015, 7:07 PM
William I'm on vacation with my family for the 4th so phones not going to work. Wife's a little tired of me working all the time already :)

Reason I ask for more details is so the entire community can help out me included. If you're trying to print over the network to the epilog that's out of my wheelhouse. I'd say you should call epilog on that or maybe some epilog owners on here might know. If it's just connecting to the network then I'm sure either someone else or myself might be able to help you out when you post some more detail of your setup on here.

Jim Coffee
07-04-2015, 9:49 AM
I just had to reconnect (connect for the first time) to a new computer my 12 X 24 Legend. It was intricate but not difficult...I followed the Epilog instructions to the letter...and all connected and it works. Here is a link to what I think is your manual (https://www.epiloglaser.com/downloads/pdf/mini_helix_4.22.10.pdf). Start on page 19. Go slow. Read carefully. While it is important that your ethernet connection function properly (test it with some other device if you are not certain) it is the print driver that is the most intricate. You have gone from wireless to wired. There will need to be reconfiguration done on your computer.

-Jim Coffee-

Michael Hunter
07-04-2015, 1:39 PM
Is there a router in the way now?

My old router (Netgear 1000) was determined that *it* should be in charge of allocating Ethernet addresses and it had to be told very specifically that it needed to reserve a fixed address for my Epilog. Took some sorting, but got there eventually.

My new router (Thompson Technicolor) whilst less sophisticated than the Netgear in some ways, at least recognised the Epilog as a fixed address straight away and it was easy to reserve the Epilog address (necessary because the Epilog isn't switched on all the time).