PDA

View Full Version : Power tool hazard warning

Phil Thien
07-03-2015, 12:13 PM
WARNING

It is possible for the clear plastic guide that sets the depth of cut on the Norelco hair trimmer to pop-off during use, at which time it starts taking a full-depth cut of your eyebrow.

The chance of this happening the day before the 4th of July are clearly much greater than any other day of the year.

Furthermore, there is no "brake" feature that would stop the shears in the event that they are removing your entire eyebrow.

It is said that it takes the brain about 8ms to process what is happening and react; I would estimate it takes approximately 7ms to shave one's eyebrow off completely.

Finally, the people in your life, the ones you may have previously referred to as your "loved ones," will find all of this madly entertaining.

DAMHIK.

Mike Heidrick
07-03-2015, 12:15 PM
Hire it out to a professional.

Gerry Grzadzinski
07-03-2015, 12:15 PM
Always have someone else trim your eyebrows.

daryl moses
07-03-2015, 12:17 PM
LOL!! Just shave the other one off for a perfect match.

johnny means
07-03-2015, 12:20 PM
No pics, didn't happen:d

glenn bradley
07-03-2015, 12:58 PM
Sorry for your incident and I won't laugh. I already ran out of laughs at a coworker who recently did the same thing.

Bruce Page
07-03-2015, 1:37 PM
Pictures needed.

I had mine done by a professional yesterday.

Phil Thien
07-03-2015, 2:01 PM
There will be no pictures. Just imagine the stereotypical village idiot with one eyebrow shaved off.

Tom Ewell
07-03-2015, 2:10 PM
Be careful with that nose hair trimmer, too.
Could be some chunky saw dust mixture in there that can clog things up and it'll yank instead of cut.

Ken Fitzgerald
07-03-2015, 2:12 PM
Another potential SawStop product!

Peter Kelly
07-03-2015, 4:27 PM
Shave the other one off and draw them in. You could arch them in such a way that looks menacing so no one will bother you about it.

Larry Edgerton
07-03-2015, 5:45 PM
The caterpillars are out now, find one of those bushy ones and glue it on. Never happened!

Oh ya, you may want to euthanize it first, live it may freak people out.:p

Kent A Bathurst
07-03-2015, 6:15 PM
Another potential SawStop product!

Beat me to it, Sir........................:p :p

Frederick Skelly
07-03-2015, 7:38 PM
Shave the other one off and draw them in. You could arch them in such a way that looks menacing so no one will bother you about it.

Especially if you shave your head to go with the brows. :)

I've nearly done the same thing Phil. Caught it quicker, but still looked bad for a bit. Sorry man.

Steve H Graham
07-03-2015, 7:44 PM
The right to bear eyebrow trimmers only applies to a militia.

scott vroom
07-03-2015, 8:35 PM
Wear big rimmed dark glasses.

ken masoumi
07-03-2015, 9:19 PM
I would stick a Band-Aid on it until it grows back.

Peter Quinn
07-03-2015, 10:31 PM
Get some finish and a fine artist brush...just add the eyebrow back!

Ken Fitzgerald
07-03-2015, 10:48 PM
Spirit gum, an artist brush and flocking?

Bruce Page
07-03-2015, 10:58 PM
These will work..

Myk Rian
07-06-2015, 9:14 AM
Get some finish and a fine artist brush...just add the eyebrow back!
Or spray on hair in a can.

Tony Zona
07-06-2015, 10:24 AM
How about a set of glasses with the eyebrows and a nose?

Pat Barry
07-06-2015, 12:07 PM
WARNING

It is possible for the clear plastic guide that sets the depth of cut on the Norelco hair trimmer to pop-off during use, at which time it starts taking a full-depth cut of your eyebrow.

The chance of this happening the day before the 4th of July are clearly much greater than any other day of the year.

Furthermore, there is no "brake" feature that would stop the shears in the event that they are removing your entire eyebrow.

It is said that it takes the brain about 8ms to process what is happening and react; I would estimate it takes approximately 7ms to shave one's eyebrow off completely.

Finally, the people in your life, the ones you may have previously referred to as your "loved ones," will find all of this madly entertaining.

DAMHIK.

Solution - go with the Andy Rooney look. It worked for him, it will work for you

Mike Henderson
07-06-2015, 2:55 PM
No pics, didn't happen:d

That was my first reaction, also!:)

Mike

John Coloccia
07-06-2015, 3:29 PM
You can fix it with a little superglue and eyebrow dust.

Mark Blatter
07-06-2015, 4:06 PM
Sorry for your incident and I won't laugh. I already ran out of laughs at a coworker who recently did the same thing.

I am not so polite. I fell off my chair laughing. I resemble the prototypical 13 year old boy who willingly laughs at others mistakes and misfortune. Mostly because I have done all or most of same mistakes myself. Perhaps the worst one was using a wheelbarrow to stand on while painting the trim of my house with solid color stain. I had to call the wife and ask her to pick up a can of paint thinner as most of the gallon can of stain went on my head, face, neck, arms, pretty much all over. Wheelbarrows should really carry a warning sticker not to use them for standing on.