PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone recognize these parts?

Raymond Seward
07-02-2015, 11:22 AM
I bought out a lot of tools from an estate....these parts were among them. Not sure what they are and hoping somebody will recognize them. Thank you in advance.
Ray

Ken Fitzgerald
07-02-2015, 11:28 AM
Those appear to be parts of a sharpening system or a knockoff made to help sharpen turning tools on a grinder. You can find them or a device of very similar design at Canadian manufacturer Oneway's website under sharpening products.

The left most goes into a holder mounted under the grinding wheel. The middle tool is mounted onto the left most tool. It allows for sharpening skews. The right tool is used to grind gouges.

Again, these appear to be part of Oneway's Vari-grind II sharpening system. I have that system but mine are welded, unpainted steel. These are either painted or plastic and that is what has me wondering if they are knockoffs.

Jon Shank
07-02-2015, 11:38 AM
Yeah, those are parts for a turning tool sharpening jig. The long one one the left is a sliding bar for holding different length gouges for sharpening on a grinder, butt end of the gouge sits in that pocket at the end of the bar. Next one to the right is a skew attachment. On the right is a jig for sharpening primarily bowl gouges, the leg (pointed up in the picture) sits in the pocket at the end of the long bar, the added attachment makes it easier to do complex grinds. The Oneway Wolverine is the well known version of the same setup. I think that one might be by PSI.

Jon

Raymond Seward
07-02-2015, 1:24 PM
Thank you Jon & Ken. I checked out both sites. They appear to be the PSI version. I knew someone would know :-)