PDA

View Full Version : Thanks goes to Scott Shepherd!

Brian Leavitt
06-29-2015, 3:27 PM
A little while back when it was posted about using the Raspberry Pi to stream video from inside the laser to an HDTV, I got an idea. I've finally gotten everything setup for the most part and I think I've figured out how I'm going to make it work the way I want.

Anyways - I stole Scott's idea. I bought a Pi and a Pi Camera, and I put it in my Fusion. The difference here is I'm putting the TV out on the sales floor so that customers can watch the laser running. Our customers are always fascinated by the lasers so we thought this would get some attention. When the laser is not running, I am going to be running a looping Power Point presentation which will highlight all of our capabilities and services. I still have work to do to finish the Power Point show. In the end, the Pi will boot up directly into the PP presentation. When the laser is running I will switch it over to the live feed and when I want to switch back I should only have to click one button on my PC. It's extremely helpful to be able to send commands to the Pi from my PC, through the network!

So again - thanks, Scott!

Phil Thien
06-29-2015, 3:34 PM
Smart.

Yeah Scott's post was neat, I enjoyed watching his video and I imagine I'd have my eyes glued to your TV out in your reception area, too.