PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom Vanity

Prashun Patel
06-29-2015, 12:48 PM
I need to spray dye and finish some bathroom cabinets (sapelle veneer over plywood).

I'm debating between Sher-wood Kemvar, Enduro Clear Poly and Enduro Conversion Varnish. Any thoughts on these products? I like the Clear Poly and have used it once, but if the wb conversion varnish is more durable with similar ease of application I'll go with that. The Kemvar looks wonderful (my neighbor has it) but I'm concerned about the safety of spraying this in my garage...

Any help appreciated.

Peter Kelly
07-15-2015, 12:34 AM
I need to spray dye and finish some bathroom cabinets (sapelle veneer over plywood).

I'm debating between Sher-wood Kemvar, Enduro Clear Poly and Enduro Conversion Varnish. Any thoughts on these products? I like the Clear Poly and have used it once, but if the wb conversion varnish is more durable with similar ease of application I'll go with that. The Kemvar looks wonderful (my neighbor has it) but I'm concerned about the safety of spraying this in my garage...

Any help appreciated.If you go with Kemvar, thin it by 15% with SW High Flash Naphtha 150 or xylene, do not use lacquer thinner. Also, it tends to settle out pretty quickly so a gravity-fed gun is recommended.

If it's just a vanity, why not wipe on Waterlox or similar? Spraying CV can be messy work, hardly seems worth it for a smallish project.

John TenEyck
07-16-2015, 12:44 PM
I did my bathroom vanity with Enduro Clear Poly. It's only about 6 months old now, but sure looks nice. It's dead easy to spray. It's not as chemically durable as EnduroVar, however, nor Enduro Conversion Varnish, but I didn't consider that a deal breaker in my case. EnduroVar doesn't spray as easily as the Clear Poly for me. Sorry, no experience yet with the CV. If you choose it please let us know your thoughts on how it sprays.

John