PDA

View Full Version : TV Wall Mount

Jack Hogoboom
08-16-2005, 2:23 PM
I have an old 27" TV in my shop that I would like to mount to the wall. Any experiences and/or recommendations on wall mounts sturdy enough to hold my TV would be greatly appreciated. If possible, I'd like to be able to attach an optional DVD/VCR holder to the mount.

Thanks,

Jack

Dick Parr
08-16-2005, 2:27 PM
Jack we got one at Wal-Mart for about $39 plus the VCR/DVR attachment, which they sell there. Some of the mounts come with it already. Easy to install.

Matt Meiser
08-16-2005, 2:39 PM
We have two. One in our bedroom is holding a 13" TV and DirecTV reciever. The other is mounted to the wall in the basement holding a 19" TV. Both work fine for us.

Bill Lewis
08-16-2005, 4:52 PM
Though not a great picture of the TV mount, in this thread (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=17390) you can see the TV mount I have in the shop. I already had the 13" Tv/vcr combo and the wall mount so I decided to put it up. I bought the wall mount from Best Buy. They're not all that expensive, but be sure to get the right size for you TV.

Kevin Beck
08-16-2005, 8:55 PM
I have used 4 of the brand sold at Home Depot. I have a 27" in our master bedroom (which we never watch since we got a 57" HD) and 3 19" TV's in our kids rooms.

The wall mount for the 27" is signifcantly beefier than the ones for the smaller TV's with an extra bracket that goes over the top of the set.

I've had them for about 5 years with no problems at all. If my teenagers can't break them they should be good to go.

Kevin