PDA

View Full Version : woodpecker router table

Chris Payne
06-28-2015, 2:47 PM
Who out there has one of those woodpecker router tables are they as nice as they appear to be. From what I see the fence is alsome is it that much better than a kregg one??

David Eisenhauer
06-28-2015, 2:59 PM
I've had a large Woodpecker table with one of their router lifts and the largest PC router motor mounted for years and have not had any issues at all. The table does not appear to have sagged from the weight of the permanently-mounted router motor and the lift. I would recommend.

Chris Payne
06-28-2015, 3:07 PM
I was also wondering about the larger table that was one of my concerns if it would sag. I think I might plan on getting me one

David Eisenhauer
06-28-2015, 11:28 PM
No sag. I use an Incra fence that works well. I am not familiar with the WPecker fence.

Mike Wilkins
06-29-2015, 9:33 AM
Another satisfied user/owner of a Woodpecker router table/fence/lift system. Made my own cabinet to mount it and have been pleased with it so far. No sag where the PC big baby router and lift is situated. Would I get the same system again if a UFO crashed into the shop? Oh yeah.

George Bokros
06-29-2015, 10:00 AM
I have the larger Woodpecker phenolic router table for about a year. I mounted mind to a piece of 3/4" ply and mounted that to the stand to ensure that I have enough support. I did this because I am OCD about some things.

Mike Goetzke
06-29-2015, 10:02 AM
I've had three different router tables in my shop over the years. My current is a WP 27x43 phenolic table, WP SuperFence w/micro-adjust, PRL-V2 lift, & Milwaukee 5625 router. Only thing I would like changed is the router cutout in the table should be closer to the front of the table. Other than that I'm 110% satisfied.

Mike

Brian W Evans
06-30-2015, 11:45 AM
I have a bench dog cast iron router table with the WP super fence and the WP PRL-V2 lift/plate. I can't speak to the Kreg fence but man, do I love the WP fence and lift! I would buy both again in a heartbeat. The fence is about as versatile as it can be, easily adjustable for 90 degrees, and rock solid. The lift is easily height-adjustable in very fine increments and yet it is very easy and fast to change bits. I can't say enough good things about either the fence or the lift, really.

Chris Payne
06-30-2015, 11:02 PM
I couldn't ask for a more positive feed back than what you guys have given woodpecker I will buy one for sure. Thanks again.