PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt

Martin Boekers
06-25-2015, 3:09 PM
Greetings all, It's been a while since I've had a chance to post or monitor SMC.... All I can say it's been a busy year... :)

I recently ordered an Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt with the camera. I haven't received and estimated date of delivery yet
but I'm excited! More power and the camera will open the door to more possibilities for my shop. My questions are;

Does anyone have experience with this series of lasers? Anything I should look out for.

My other lasers are 75watts, so this is a jump up... will running lower power and fast for plates and acrylics be fine or will this
put additional stress on the machine?

How well and accurate does the camera work?

This laser seems pretty much sealed compared to my Legends, what is typical type regular maintenance?

I know this series and camera are relatively new on the market so I'll try to relay my experiences with it when it arrives and is up and running....

Thanks as always!

Tim Bateson
06-25-2015, 4:15 PM
My M2 50/30 arrived yesterday. I won't get a chance to get it running until this weekend. The troops from Fairway will be here next Thursday to finish the install and training. I've been told they would prefer to do the camera setup themselves. So no experience yet, but soon.

Matt Geraci
06-25-2015, 4:46 PM
Looking forward to hearing your experiences. Looking at the M2 Fusion.

Martin Boekers
06-25-2015, 4:59 PM
My M2 50/30 arrived yesterday. I won't get a chance to get it running until this weekend. The troops from Fairway will be here next Thursday to finish the install and training. I've been told they would prefer to do the camera setup themselves. So no experience yet, but soon.

Thanks Tim! Great news that you're getting the CO2/Fiber. I would have liked that, but my budget was stretched with this one... :)

Fairway will be installing ours too. I just found out mines ready to ship.... I'm right at the end of a quarter, so I probably have to put it off for a few weeks.
I still have to get Civil Engineering to run the power so that too may take time to get it scheduled. I'm excited though! This laser is a big jump up from
my Legends... I have put in for a replacement for one of the other one's as it's getting closer to 10yrs old and we run these pretty hard... Maybe the next
will have a fiber.., that's a few years down the road....

Good luck with yours and keep us posted!

vic casware
06-25-2015, 5:58 PM
I'm really keen to hear how you guys get on. I got my Fusion 40 - 75 on Monday
Just had the power hooked up, now waiting for the extraction system installation
then i get to roll the giant beast off the ramps, cut the 4 foot square hole in the wall
and roll it in. My setup will be over the phone with the suppliers so hopefully
it's as smooth as the Helix was.

Steven Toomey
06-25-2015, 8:00 PM
We've had our Fusion 32 M2 120 watt for about 3 weeks now. The camera setup is difficult, mainly because there is NO documentation anywhere. Ultimately, had to walk through it over the phone with Epilog support. Also, if your computer needs to access your network, you will need to buy another ethernet port adapter. If you get the camera option, the M2 comes with a netgear router and weird things happen when you try to connect it to an existing network.

Keith Winter
06-25-2015, 9:45 PM
Very sweet lasers guys, enjoy!

Jeanette Brewer
06-26-2015, 6:42 PM
mainly because there is NO documentation anywhere

Steven,

By now, I'm presuming you're up & running but the factory did release E-View camera instructions earlier this week. Let me (or your distributor) know if you need/want the document for your files.

Jacob John
10-25-2015, 9:55 PM
Does anyone have any video of the camera in action, or can you explain a little better what it actually does? I've been reading about the Fusions, and the larger bed is enticing, but it's a major price point jump from the Helix.

Martin Boekers
10-26-2015, 9:37 AM
Does anyone have any video of the camera in action, or can you explain a little better what it actually does? I've been reading about the Fusions, and the larger bed is enticing, but it's a major price point jump from the Helix.

I don't have any video, you may find some on You Tube. I'm using this to cut things out of hardboard stock that has sublimated or printed items on.
By using the camera I can print/sublimate many images onto a sheet, add registration marks to it then send it to the laser which the camera sees
the marks then cuts the perimeter around the images. Similar to an optical reader on a vinyl cutter. This saves me tons of time because I was doing one ups
until now. I do a lot of military shields and emblems to be used to dress up plaques or recognition boards right on down to refrigerator magnets.

So far I really like this engraver, it's a bit more power than my other two lasers, it really has made a difference in cutting substrates and even engraving wood,
quite a bit more contrast... I opted for the smaller bed size and more power... Wish it was 24x32 though to make positioning easier.. ;)

Jacob John
10-26-2015, 5:31 PM
I don't have any video, you may find some on You Tube. I'm using this to cut things out of hardboard stock that has sublimated or printed items on.
By using the camera I can print/sublimate many images onto a sheet, add registration marks to it then send it to the laser which the camera sees
the marks then cuts the perimeter around the images. Similar to an optical reader on a vinyl cutter. This saves me tons of time because I was doing one ups
until now. I do a lot of military shields and emblems to be used to dress up plaques or recognition boards right on down to refrigerator magnets.

So far I really like this engraver, it's a bit more power than my other two lasers, it really has made a difference in cutting substrates and even engraving wood,
quite a bit more contrast... I opted for the smaller bed size and more power... Wish it was 24x32 though to make positioning easier.. ;)

Good deal, thanks! I found a video on it after I posted this message, but still wanted to know how you liked the laser so far. I definitely need both a bigger bed, and more power at this point, but the bed size is definitely an issue right now, more due to depth. I think I'm going to really look hard at the 75watt, and possibly the 120watt, but I have to convince the wife first. She wants to move toward a fiber, but I know that while we got a great deal on our laser, it's old and will be an issue at some point in the future. And the combo is just way too expensive right now. Lots to think about!