PDA

View Full Version : Ugly but useful

Bart Leetch
08-16-2005, 1:06 AM
I have a little more work to do a small shelf for the batteries & a timer & maybe a coat of paint or stain to draw thing together.

The older style Makita drills do present a challenge & I wanted something quick & simple that would hold all my battery powered drills.

The door that this hangs in front of isn't used & just below The drill rack are all my full size sheets of plywood.

Rey Johnson
08-16-2005, 7:35 AM
What a great idea! Will you incorporate bit storage there, or do you already have that somewhere near?

John Hart
08-16-2005, 7:41 AM
I think it's great that you took the time to do it. My method is more of the "pile" strategy. I need something dedicated like that. Good going Bart!

Jeff Sudmeier
08-16-2005, 8:26 AM
Bart, that is a good idea! I have 4 or 5 cordless drills, but they all have different batteries and chargers!! With having the same drills, that is a great way to store them.

Bart Leetch
08-16-2005, 10:40 AM
What a great idea! Will you incorporate bit storage there, or do you already have that somewhere near?

Rey

I have all my drill bits including forstner , brad point , countersink , spade bit etc. over by the Drill press. All accept the counter sinks & spade bits are in the original containers. The counter sinks drilled into a chunk of 2x4.
& spade bits are set shaft first into a chunk of 2x4.

You can't see it in the picture but there is a hole for each Makita drill chuck to set into on the bottom of the storage & charging center.

I had to make the storage so that the Makita drills would not rest on their triggers & this was the only way I could think of.