PDA

View Full Version : I found it!

craig carlson
08-15-2005, 10:54 PM
Hi,

After finishing my (see threads winter project & it's done titles). I couldn't stand the shop any longer, it was time to clean up. Lo and behold in the box behind the RAS that catches all the stuff that my DC won't catch I find a Dremel tool that I haven't seen in 5 years! Of course I had already replaced it.

Craig

Jim Dunn
08-15-2005, 11:01 PM
5 years??? Did you really mean 5 whole years?? Since you cleaned up your shop? My wife checks mine with a white glove once a week. Just like a drill sargent!
:):):)
Jim

craig carlson
08-15-2005, 11:06 PM
Yea, I'm a pig!!
Craig

Jim Dunn
08-15-2005, 11:10 PM
Just kidding, glad you found your missing tool. I've lost things before by putting them away and couldn't find them.

Wes Bischel
08-15-2005, 11:29 PM
I've lost things before by putting them away and couldn't find them.

Yep, that's how I end up loosing things! :D

Wes

Mike Cutler
08-16-2005, 5:34 AM
Isn't This how everyone finds their tools? I'd go broke buying new tools, if I didn't clean up the shop after each project. :D

Jeff Sudmeier
08-16-2005, 8:28 AM
:) Me too!! I really need to clean the shop now. However, it seems like there is always something else to do! Aww well, LOML has to work this Sat morning, so that may be my project!

Lynn Sonier
08-16-2005, 8:57 AM
I try to clean up the shop after every project. As soon as I get the sawdust up off the floor, I have this overpowering urge to make more sawdust.

markus shaffer
08-16-2005, 1:14 PM
I can't count the number of times I've gone nuts looking for a tape measure that was in my hand the whole time. Beyond that, it is amazing how often I can't find tools because I have put them back where they belong.

-Markus

Rich Konopka
08-16-2005, 1:33 PM
I can't count the number of times I've gone nuts looking for a tape measure that was in my hand the whole time. Beyond that, it is amazing how often I can't find tools because I have put them back where they belong.

-Markus

LOL :D:D:D:D:D

It must be an epidemic.

Vaughn McMillan
08-16-2005, 4:08 PM
Yeah, my tape measure has a bad habit of hiding out clipped to my back pocket. It can elude me for hours there.

- Vaughn (whose signature line is really appropriate for this thread...)

Lee DeRaud
08-16-2005, 5:47 PM
Yeah, my tape measure has a bad habit of hiding out clipped to my back pocket. It can elude me for hours there.Lemme guess...you notice it when you climb in the car to go buy a replacement?

(If my butt ever gets so fat I don't notice a tape measure when I'm sitting on it, just shoot me.:eek: )

John Hart
08-16-2005, 5:55 PM
One day, I decided to replace the basement windows in my wood shop with glass block. This required that I remove the 100 year old frames. Using a 5 pound sledge hammer and a wedge, I was pounding away from the outside when the sledge hammer slipped out of my hands and whoosh...into the shop.:eek: When I went down in the basement to retrieve it...I couldn't find it!!! I thought I saw where it landed...but nope. Searched for an hour....then gave up. I found it two years later wedged between my scrap bin and the wall where it should have been impossible to land. Sheesh!!!

Steve Clardy
08-16-2005, 7:56 PM
I buy pencils by the bag at flea markets and such. I've had up to a couple of thousand at times stashed away.
I'll ocasionally dig 10 or 20 of them out and sharpen them up. I lay them everywhere. Every stationary tool, bench, etc.
In a day or too, I can't find any pencils.