PDA

View Full Version : Deals on Lasers at Conventions

Matthew McGraw
06-24-2015, 1:13 PM
I've been researching lasers for a few months and I'm closing in on buying an Epilog. I've got a demo scheduled next Tuesday and could pull the trigger then. However, in about two months there is a NBM convention in Philadelphia, not far from me.

http://thenbmshow.com/philadelphia-2015

I've never been to one of these conventions before so I'm wondering if they have special deals or incentives (free rotary attachement, etc) if you buy the laser there. Anyone have any experience on show pricing? Thanks in advance.

Scott Shepherd
06-24-2015, 1:21 PM
Yes, there are show specials that do make it with the wait.

Ross Moshinsky
06-24-2015, 1:24 PM
You could wait or you could negotiate that price right now, give or take a few bucks. Remind them that if you go to the trade show, you'll be looking at all the other machines and what is a sale today might not be in a few months. Leave the ball in their court and let them decide what they want to do.

Tim Bateson
06-24-2015, 6:07 PM
Get a quote now, but wait for the show to purchase. You are likely to get a better price there. However, if you need it now, some real hard negotiating may get you the show price now.

Keith Winter
06-24-2015, 8:44 PM
Solid Advance below from Tim, Ross, and Scott. +1 Show specials are the best way to get a good price. They will typically throw in stuff you would likely pay a lot of extra $$ for or discount the machine/shipping/etc.

Get a quote now, but wait for the show to purchase. You are likely to get a better price there. However, if you need it now, some real hard negotiating may get you the show price now.

Jerome Stanek
06-24-2015, 9:08 PM
check out the show and see if the machine they have there is going to be for sale.