PDA

View Full Version : Le sigh

Keith Christopher
08-15-2005, 10:45 PM
Well I made some doors for this cabinet. I went to put them on the cabinet and they're off. Hmmm. I checked and rechecked square. So I took out my best tape and measured for square. dead on to a 32nd ! I mean dead on. So I measure the cabinet. As expected. Off by 1/16th. Wider at the top than the bottom. But at least it wasn't racked.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b179/goyde/doors2.jpg

So I planed the edges to fit. Le sigh.

Vaughn McMillan
08-15-2005, 11:18 PM
One of the nice things about wood is that you can often "fix" a mistake by changing a dimension or two. I have my fair share of nightstands that started out as entertainment centers. ;)

- Vaughn

Bart Leetch
08-16-2005, 1:11 AM
One of the nice things about wood is that you can often "fix" a mistake by changing a dimension or two. I have my fair share of nightstands that started out as entertainment centers. ;)

- Vaughn

Vaughn

It sounds like your entertainment lasted a while.

Jeff Sudmeier
08-16-2005, 8:31 AM
:) At least you were able to fix it and didn't have to re-build parts of it! Great fix and no one will ever know.

Jim Becker
08-16-2005, 8:56 AM
Keith, this is just the "final fine fitting" operation which brings your project to perfection... ;)

Ken Fitzgerald
08-16-2005, 9:33 AM
Keith.....if all of here at SMC were to synchonize our "le sighs" it would be a roar heard around the world! You're not alone!

scott spencer
08-16-2005, 9:44 AM
Les condolensces....BTDT!

Keith Christopher
08-16-2005, 10:36 AM
I know we always have a little adjustment to fit. But man it was hard planing those doors. Prolly the best I've done to date. But to make them out of square, that hurt.

Les condolensces....BTDT!

BTDT ?

Keith

scott spencer
08-16-2005, 9:32 PM
I know we always have a little adjustment to fit. But man it was hard planing those doors. Prolly the best I've done to date. But to make them out of square, that hurt.

BTDT ?

Keith ... Been There, Done That....

Vaughn McMillan
08-17-2005, 3:27 AM
This was in Monday's paper, and it was just TOO appropriate for this thread. Sorry for beating a dead horse...

- Vaughn

Keith Christopher
08-17-2005, 10:28 AM
I am so frightfully amused.