PDA

View Full Version : Gel Gloves

Frank Foley
08-15-2005, 8:36 PM
Hi to everyone,
Has anyone ever used Gel gloves to sand with? If so what brand would you recommend? Thanks in advance for your help.:D

Frank

Jim Becker
08-15-2005, 8:39 PM
Yes, I used them constantly with the PC sanders, but no longer need them with the Festool sanders. The ones I have came from Klingspoor, but there is no brand marking on them. They are relatively easy to find, however and I don't think it's really important what the label is.

Jules Dominguez
08-15-2005, 10:00 PM
What are Gel gloves?

craig carlson
08-15-2005, 10:37 PM
Actually, I use them when I ride my motorcycle.
Craig

Andy London
08-16-2005, 6:32 AM
I picked mine up from Lee Valley and never sand without them. I have carpel tunnel to the point where I am giving serious consideration to a second operation on my right hand, the gloves make a huge difference.

Jim Becker
08-16-2005, 8:32 AM
What are Gel gloves?

Jules, they are gloves with palms that are cushioned by gel-filled pouches...they cut down on vibration to decrease numbness and other discomforts when using certain tools, such as sanders that "wiggle" a lot... ;)

Doug Shepard
08-16-2005, 8:42 AM
I don't tend to put them on unless I'm going to be sanding a lot, but I just grab the ones I bought for bike-riding. I'm not sure or not if they're the same type as the ones marketed at WW'ers. These just have padded palms and fingers that stop at the first knuckle. They do cut down the hand fatigue quite a bit though.

Frank Foley
08-16-2005, 1:03 PM
I want to thank everyone for your help. After doing some research I realized gel gloves are very popular with bicyclist. I'll try and get some from the local bike shop. Jim I too have a Festool sander (EQ125) it is alot smoother than my PC sander was, however, if I'm sanding for more than 20 min my hand will feel tingly (sp). I'm hoping the gloves help out. Thanks again....http://sawmillcreek.org/images/smilies/smile.gif