PDA

View Full Version : EZ Smart owners - tape or screw mount?

Mitchell Garnett
08-15-2005, 7:44 PM
My PC 325MAG arrived today so I'm wondering how many mounted their saws with the tape and how many drilled? I'm leaning toward drilling and screwing but I thought I'd see if there's a majority opinion for either one...

Thanks,

John Hemenway
08-15-2005, 7:51 PM
Tape for me. I don't plan on removing the EZ plate. I did not find it EZ to get it on exactly right. Luckly the tape takes a few seconds to really stick. Any that did not come off was removed w/ 'Goo Be Gone' (I think that's the name).

John Miliunas
08-15-2005, 8:18 PM
Mitch, I don't plan on removing mine, either but, that's the same reasoning I had to go ahead and punch holes in the plate!:) FWIW, I tried the tape route before and I must not have had the plate 100% clean because, before long, sawdust started to creep in between it and the tape, to the point where I'd have to "slap" it back into place every now and again. Screws go in and it stays there!:) :cool:

Jeff Sudmeier
08-15-2005, 8:39 PM
I taped it, no problems yet! :)

Bob Noles
08-15-2005, 8:44 PM
Mitchell,

I used tape when I first got my system and had an old skill sawat that time. As I knew I would be changing over to the PC Mag and soon, I used the tape. The tape did alright, but did come lose over time and like John, I had to keep slapping the plate back into place. I now have a brand new PC Mag and I drilled the EZ plate to the Mag straight out of the package.

It works like a charm and I would have it no other way now :)

Hoa Dinh
08-15-2005, 10:09 PM
I drilled and tapped the base of the saw. The base of the PC cir. saw is thick and soft enough to do this easily.

I also customized the case to keep the saw with the EZ Smart base attached, plus room for the EZ Smart inserts.

Link to my EZ Smart photo album. (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hoa_dinh@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=63e0&.src=ph)