PDA

View Full Version : need help with xenetech aurora laser

mike micus
06-23-2015, 6:25 PM
Hi I bought a used xenetech aurora laser and I need to get a focus lens for it and I think it is a 2.0FL and the diameter is 27mm does anyone know were I can get one cheap also I there is a lens down by the laser tube and I think it is the beam combiner lens it is scratched does that need to be replaced also or is that lens just for the red dot pointer. I also have a corel draw x13 question I had someone set up the corel draw with the xenetech and they set it up so that the laser starts about 1in down from the ruler on the laser table how do I set it so the laser would start engraving at the top left were the tow rulers come together on the table. I hope someone can help me out thanks

Mike Null
06-23-2015, 6:29 PM
Mike

Welcome to SMC. I can't offer any help but we have a couple of Xenetech owners on the forum so I expect you'll be hearing soon.
It would be helpful if you'd list the brand and model of your machine in your signature and your location.
Good luck.

Jeanette Brewer
06-25-2015, 3:08 PM
Mike,

I have questions for you & not many answers (yet)!

1) Where are you located? That might make a difference in who I'd recommend calling/emailing.

2) When you bought the laser, did you register it with Xenetech (as in, did you pay the license transfer fee)? If so, you're entitled to tech support with that fee. Call (225)752-0225 or email tech@xenetech.com.

3) Worst case, you can get lenses from Xenetech ... but "cheap" is subjective so I'm not sure the one you'd get from them would be labeled as such. ;)

4) I'll ask my Corel experts around here to get back with you on that Q&A. I'm pretty sure that's something they can just email you but if it's not quick & easy, we may revert back to the folks to whom I'd refer you, based on answers to #1 & #2 (above).

Mike Clarke
07-05-2015, 12:00 PM
I am not at work - I never log in from work - so I am going from memory.

You have 1 or more problems. There is an offset in the driver you can move the X & Y over with. Maybe your page size in Corel doesn't match the page size in the driver
If Corel is 12 and XE is 14 there is your inch. If 12 and 13 are the numbers and your offset is .5 that is an inch. I think you could also have a setting in the laser itself to put an offset from home position. Also check is you are locating from center or left, I am certain XE rotaries have the ability, Not 100% sure on the lasers ATM.

Just buy the lens from Xenetech an be done.