PDA

View Full Version : Can you believe. . . . .

lowell holmes
06-23-2015, 3:40 PM
Lie Nielsen and Lee Valley are on Amazon now. I am surprised.

Malcolm Schweizer
06-23-2015, 3:51 PM
If only I had thought of Amazon. ...and Facebook, Pinterest, and all those other internetty things.

Pat Barry
06-23-2015, 3:52 PM
Are the prices better?

Maurice Ungaro
06-23-2015, 4:00 PM
Are the prices better?
Hehe...hehe.....

lowell holmes
06-23-2015, 4:05 PM
Hehe...hehe.....

I don't know if the prices are better. I have a gift I haven't used up though.

Mike Brady
06-23-2015, 5:06 PM
The Lie-Nielsen presence is not new and, no, the prices are the same.

Brian Holcombe
06-23-2015, 5:17 PM
Well I assume they need as wide an audience as possible

Reinis Kanders
06-24-2015, 1:42 AM
In the US? I did a quick search for veritas plane and nothing came up.

Jim Koepke
06-24-2015, 2:52 AM
One avenue of commerce on the internet is being paid for surveys and such in Amazon points.

A person may be able to earn enough points, if they spend a lot of hours on the internet, to purchase a high dollar item.

jtk

Frederick Skelly
06-24-2015, 6:53 AM
Thanks Lowell. Thats good to know. I invariably get amazon cards as gifts and save them up.

FWIW - I havent gone and looked for LV specifically guys, but be aware that some tool vendors deliberately sell their stuff at higher prices on amazon. For example, I saw a Nobex miter box offerred by a reputable company for noticably more than what's listed on their own web page - about 15% more IIRC. When I called to ask if that was a mistake, he told me honestly that he simply tacks on amazon's fee to the price. Since then, Ive noticed it with other merchandise as well. Amazon will let you be an affiliate or such, use their website, and charge you a fee for it.

I still like having access via amazon to use those gift cards!

Jeff Ranck
06-24-2015, 12:55 PM
Yah, but they don't have their whole catalog on the site. Just a few (of the more popular?) items.

Hilton Ralphs
06-26-2015, 1:54 AM
Lee Valley are on Amazon now. I am surprised.
Me too because I can't find them on either the US or CA site. A couple of books by Lee Valley Tools and one or two Veritas items sold by third party retailers but no official presence that I can find.

Thanks Lowell. Thats good to know. I invariably get amazon cards as gifts and save them up.

I still like having access via amazon to use those gift cards!

You do know that you don't have to actually use the gift card to but something that Amazon sells? Plenty of retailers use the Amazon account to facilitate easier payments. I've bought stuff from Rockler this way and some other non-woodworking stores. To be honest, I've never tried this with a gift card balance but seeing as Amazon defaults to your gift card balance first then to your credit cards, I can't see why this wouldn't work.

Frederick Skelly
06-26-2015, 6:32 PM
You do know that you don't have to actually use the gift card to but something that Amazon sells? Plenty of retailers use the Amazon account to facilitate easier payments. I've bought stuff from Rockler this way and some other non-woodworking stores. To be honest, I've never tried this with a gift card balance but seeing as Amazon defaults to your gift card balance first then to your credit cards, I can't see why this wouldn't work.

No. I didn't know this but I'll sure go check it out. Thanks for the tip Hilton!
Fred