PDA

View Full Version : Affordable veneer supplier in the US?

Jay Selway
06-23-2015, 1:20 PM
Hey guys,

Anybody got a hook up for an affordable veneer supplier in the USA? Looking specifically for 20 or 30 mil, PSA backed in the following species - walnut, cherry, alder, maple.

Hoping to get a wholesale hook up if I can.

Thanks!
Jay

Bert Kemp
06-23-2015, 1:25 PM
Don't know how big sheets you need but look at woodworkers source I've bought there before small sheets.

Jay Selway
06-23-2015, 2:09 PM
Looking for 2'x8' or 4'x8' sheets.

Scott Shepherd
06-23-2015, 2:10 PM
Call people that shell sheet goods, like plywoods used for cabinet making. Wurth Wood Products is one. Don't know what's in your area and how nationally some of the companies are, but that's who you want to get to.

They can get you most anything and it's all at wholesale pricing once you setup a business account with them.

Kev Williams
06-23-2015, 5:04 PM
There's a MacBeath's Hardwood's place near me, I get 2 x 8' sheets of Alder veneer for biz cards, 30 mil I think, last time I paid $37 per sheet. Don't know if that's good or bad to be honest. Pretty sure they have all the flavors you listed.

Robert Engel
06-23-2015, 5:43 PM
Just do a Google search there's several pretty good suppliers out there.

Mike Null
06-23-2015, 6:07 PM
I agree with Robert. A few years ago I needed to find an exotic hardwood veneer for one of my customers and found an importer in one of the southern states, maybe LA, that imported the sheet and my customer cut it to size, something like 6" x 9" pieces and I engraved it.

I first posted a picture of it on the woodworkers forum and they identified it for me.

Jay Selway
06-23-2015, 8:32 PM
Yeah, I was checking out a few places online, and was hoping to get a wholesale supplier lined up. I guess my best bet is to go to a manufacturer for bulk orders.