PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes a Blurry Photo is All One Can Get

Jim Koepke
06-23-2015, 1:13 AM
Candy saw the deer and one fawn a couple of days ago. They are just starting to get tall enough to be seen in the grass. I like the tall ferns and grass in our yard and apparently so do the deer. This morning the mother was startled as I went out to feed the cats. Then when I left a little bit later I saw the mom and one of the fawns.

This evening when I was looking out the door I saw the mama and one of the fawns. Told Candy and went to get the camera and saw both fawns. Of course almost as soon as the shutter clicked the mama was running off and the babies were bouncing in the grass following her.

Most of the time she is fairly calm, but I guess the young fawns have her a bit more protective.

The light level was a bit low as it was about 9:00 pm or later.

They sure grow fast. I don't think the one I saw this morning was as big as it is this evening. It is possible there are different mothers and children. We are starting to get a pretty good sized deer population around us. Our closest neighbor is like us and prefers to watch them instead of hunt them.

jtk

Brian Kent
06-23-2015, 1:36 AM
Is that Yeti or the Lock Ness Monster? Wait, I see the UFO now.

But honestly that is a sweet photo.

Wade Lippman
06-23-2015, 10:27 AM
At least you have a picture.
30 years ago I was in Denali and saw a group of Dall Sheep about 1000' up a hill side. Figured they would make a nice picture and went after them. When I was 100 away I sat, moved a couple feet and sat for a minute. When I got 20' away I moved a couple inches and sat for a minute. I got 10' from an old guy. Then two tiny lambs came and sat directly in front of him. As I raised my camera for the photo, a ranger screamed up at me to stop harassing the sheep. They spooked, and that was that.
Oh it would have been a great picture. Wouldn't have been blurry at all.

Julie Moriarty
06-23-2015, 11:28 AM
We just finished playing 18 holes when I turned around and saw this
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=316084&d=1435073124
There's a third deer just to the right of the big tree in the foreground. She's looking for her ball. ;)

Bert Kemp
06-23-2015, 12:12 PM
Its always nice to get some picture of the wild life that lives among us but Please remember it is wild life not to be messed with by humans. Take your pictures but keep your distance and never feed them. I read a story not to long ago about people who thought they were helping put out hay for the wild deer that lived in the woods near them thinking they couldn't find food in winter because of the snow. They found a dozen dead deer in the woods behind their house. The Fish and game dept said wild deer can't eat that hay it bloats in their intestines and kills them.

Rod Sheridan
06-23-2015, 2:53 PM

And some times all I have at night is my cell phone..........Rod.

Mark Blatter
06-23-2015, 3:26 PM
On the other end of the 'cute' spectrum are these three guys. Browsing for a small snack, whatever they could find in the tent. Grizzlies are not very particular.

Jebediah Eckert
06-23-2015, 5:01 PM
On the other end of the 'cute' spectrum are these three guys. Browsing for a small snack, whatever they could find in the tent. Grizzlies are not very particular.

wow, I guess the occasional black bear that gets at my bee hives could always be worse.

Lee Schierer
06-23-2015, 8:34 PM
Even a blurry photo beats the one you didn't try to take. I try to keep my camera handy just in case nature provides something out of the usual around me.

Here's a recent photo that I took out the front door a couple of weeks ago. Have you ever seen a sparrow with a mustache?

julian abram
06-25-2015, 11:53 AM
I took this photo out our living room window last week. A doe has been raising these twin fawns around our back yard. She was nursing them in the woods edge then they came out on the driveway to snoop around. They are curious little critters. One day I saw them snooping and sniffing around the kids swing set in the backyard.