PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
06-22-2015, 9:05 AM
22 June 2015

Good Morning Everyone,
Late start today. I had a good Father's Day weekend by spending it with family. We have an outdoor fryer, so we cooked chicken wings, chicken tenders, fresh cut fries, and other stuff and fed everybody. It was all good but the temp outside was a bit warm for me....I like spring, fall, and winter. :)
Helped a local woodworking buddy of mine fix an electrical problem at his house Saturday morning and it was a good visit for me and that reminded me just how much I missed visiting with Mark and his wife.

Helped my son make his first cutting board and he gave it to his mother to use. The guitar project took a set-back because I was stupid in using WB Polyurethane for the guitar body and when rubbing it out, I broke through the finish layer down to the next finish layer...leaving me ghost lines....so I broke out my sanders and took it all back down to the bare wood. I guess I'll start the finish part of it all over again....with lacquer this time. Live and learn.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past Father's Day weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Shawn Pixley
06-22-2015, 7:24 PM
Saturday, I smogged and tagged the car, picked up an amp I put on layaway a couple weeks ago, and bought my son new shoes (no gambling was involved). Sunday, I flew to Boston for work. Glamorous, I know....

Jim Becker
06-22-2015, 9:21 PM
This weekend, I completed the "build" of my latest tack trunk commission after acquiring more sapele and re-sawing additional ~1/4" trim material. (I seriously miscalculated the material requirements for that trim in the first buy... :rolleyes: ) I then moved on to working towards completion of the two new doors for the under-sink cabinet in the kitchen...I'm about to do a little refresh on that kitchen as it's been in place since 2003 and needs some TLC to bring it back to "sparkle". Finally, I did some "working out" of paint application methods for the cabinet doors for that refresh...I wasn't happy with the initial application on the test door (radical color change) and it was totally application related. With the help of some suggestions from my "friends" at the local Sherwin Williams store, I think I have both the priming and the color coat application figured out to get a smooth, application-mark-free surface.

Other than that, rode the pony and enjoyed the weekend before business travel commenced early this morning.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads!

Ken Fitzgerald
06-22-2015, 9:29 PM
Saturday I completed painting the 2nd coat of paint on the exterior trim of all the new windows that were installed in our home.

Now on to ripping and pre-finishing the interior trim for those same new windows.

Tom Hyde
06-27-2015, 1:05 AM
Bit of a late reply but I got the first section of the grape arbor top up over the weekend. Lots of half lap.