PDA

View Full Version : Weed Pots and a Mushroom

Toby Bouder
06-22-2015, 8:23 AM
Just some lower priced items for the customers that can't afford the big ticket pieces. Two Cherry weed pots 5 and 6 inches tall, two Mimosa weed pots 4 inches tall, and a Redbud mushroom 4.5 inches tall. All finished with clear spray acrylic.

Dan Hintz
06-22-2015, 9:01 AM
I really like the green algae'd one. Did you leave the pith in or fill with another wood?

Randy Red Bemont
06-22-2015, 9:29 AM
Very nice. I like them all. Since I just got a lathe and I am learning these look like fun easy enough projects to do. I have plenty of air dried tree's to give me a ton of turnings and practice. Thanks.

Red

Toby Bouder
06-22-2015, 10:16 AM
I really like the green algae'd one. Did you leave the pith in or fill with another wood?

Thanks Dan, I let these branches dry in long lengths in the rafters of my garage. At this size they dried completely without cracking (only the ends of the lengths), so there was no need to remove the pith.

Toby Bouder
06-22-2015, 10:21 AM
Very nice. I like them all. Since I just got a lathe and I am learning these look like fun easy enough projects to do. I have plenty of air dried tree's to give me a ton of turnings and practice. Thanks.

Red
Thanks and your welcome Randy. Yes these are fun and easy. I start them between centers and put a tenon on one end, then chuck them up and use the tailstock for as long as possible. Then part them off with an undercut so they sit flat.

daryl moses
06-22-2015, 12:17 PM
Very, very nice. I better hide this from the wife, she's been wanting some weed pots with the bark on.