PDA

View Full Version : Importing files to AutoLaser problem

Adam Carter
06-22-2015, 3:49 AM
Just got my new Redsail x700 and the supplied software is AutoLaser 2.0.8. I currently use Adobe Illustrator for linework, and Autolaser states it recognises AI files.

So I'm trying to import the AI file, but it just shows no content on the page. The only way I've been able to import anything is as a DXF, but this seems to be only outlines.

Anyone with experience with AutoLaser that can help? Or should I just be investigating alternative software?

Cheers,

Adam

Jerome Stanek
06-22-2015, 7:43 AM
is the version of illustrator to new for your version of Autolase. Try a saving as an older version of an AI file

Scott Shepherd
06-22-2015, 9:33 AM
Jerome has it, save it to .ai version 8 or something and see if it works. I haven't seen any of the Chinese software that works with any of the later versions of Illustrator.

Adam Carter
06-23-2015, 2:44 AM
Ok, thanks guys. It reads Illustrator 8 files, but doesn't seem to be a way to embed text or any fill (only outlines).
Currently having to use a bitmap for raster and ai for cutting. Is there any easier away to achieve this with one file?

Adam Carter
06-23-2015, 3:03 AM
Got raster working from the AI file. Should be able to just set up layers and save out 2 files from Illustrator.

Now to fix the problem of the cut image being a mirror of the file ;)

Steven Yates
06-26-2015, 2:02 PM
This is what I have resorted to, working from Inkscape. Export anything with different cut/carve settings as a separate file. You can open a file in AutoLaser, import the others on top of it, setting each piece to a different layer in Autolaser, and then save it as one file from there. Then you only need to open the one file if you need to download it again.

When my jobs were printing mirror images it was due to the setting in the machine info where you set the home position of the machine. Make sure the top right corner is checked and not the top left.

Bert Kemp
06-26-2015, 4:18 PM
Sounds like a lot of work to do both raster and cut work. Isn't there anyway to tell the dxf file to engrave or cut? I import only dxf files or bitmaps, but the dxf I have the option to engrave or cut. I can do both just change line colors of what I want to do with each.