PDA

View Full Version : liquor cabinet

Mike Steinhilper
08-15-2005, 2:46 PM
anybody know of some good plans for a liquor cabinet? I need to make one for my brother's wedding gift... don't know what that says about the marriage :) Moderate skill level?

Don Baer
08-16-2005, 6:27 PM
Mike,
over 30 years ago in another life (when I was in the Navy) my dad visited me in Hawaii. He saw a liquor cabinate over there that he liked. When I got discharged in 1972 and came home it was the first wood working project I did. He is long gone and it now belongs to my oldest son who is in NC so I don't have the exact demension but I can tell you it was about 36 " wide and about 42 " High. The doors had shelves to hold liquor and it had two compartments as well. The top opened up into two small bars. The top bars and doors were fastened with Piano hindges. when it was closed up it just looked like a plane old cabinate. The unit was made from sheet goods and I edge banded the 3/4" birch and added a decorative moulding around the top. If I made it today I would have made a better choice of materals. Attached is a drawing of the unit as I remember it. Please excuse the crude attempt at 3-D cad. If you have any questions either PM me or as them on this thread.