PDA

View Full Version : Cribbage Board Questions

Jason Christenson
08-15-2005, 2:31 PM
I'm going to make a couple of cribbage boards for a friend of mine and I have a couple of questions:

1. I'm going to paint a logo on the boards before finishing them, what is the best paint/finish combination? I was planning on using acrylic paint and polyurethane finish.

2. Do I drill the holes first and then apply the finish or vice versa? If I drill first, how do I keep from plugging the holes with finish?

Any advice offered will be appreciated.

Jason

Jason Christenson
08-16-2005, 6:50 PM
This is just me responding to my own post in an effort to move it back to the top of the page and hopefully get some free advice! :)

Richard Wolf
08-16-2005, 7:16 PM
Could be that with all the experts here no one has the answers.
The acrylic/ploy combo should work fine but you should test first.
I think I would do the drilling in the middle of the finish process, wait until you need one more coat, drill your million holes, lightly sand and spray on one more coat of ploy.

Richard

Don Baer
08-16-2005, 7:21 PM
I think Richard has the answer but honestly don't know myself. I do know that you can get a drill template from Rockler if thats any help.

Jason Christenson
08-16-2005, 11:22 PM
Thanks. I'll post some pics when I make some progress. I ordered my template from Lee Vallley and it should be here on Thursday.

Jason

Randy Meijer
08-17-2005, 3:01 AM
Don't know exactly what you have in mind; but I would give some consideration to having the logo engraved into the wood with a lazer. Lazer engraving will give you a really classy look!!!