PDA

View Full Version : Need to test a local redsail x700 before I buy. Help

jarrod lineberry
06-19-2015, 5:32 AM
I have found a local redsail x700 at a bargain. It is a blue one manufactured in early 2013. Guy says he bought it, engraved one thing, and hasn't used it since. It looks like brand new. I ran an old camtech/synrad for years at work, but have no experience with these Chinese lasers. I think these will take a thumb drive with files on them. Can someone who has experience and software send me a file I could copy on a thumb drive and give me instructions on how to run it. He doesn't know how to operate it. Also is there a link to how to setup one of these machines? I assume I will need to do it myself as it was moved from a previous location amd the guy doesnt seem to know that much about using it. Lastly, does the factory software for the computer that comes with these require a dongle? If so, are they expensive? I'm not sure he has it. I am looking to pick it up Saturday, so I need help pretty quick. Thanks in advance.
Jarrod

Scott Marquez
06-19-2015, 9:48 AM
Give RedSail a call, if I remember correctly their U.S. seller is out of California, I think I saw them on EBay.
Scott

jarrod lineberry
06-19-2015, 10:38 AM
Since I didn't buy it from them I wouldn't think they would support it. Are they that good about answering questions? I thought they were out of China.

Dan Hintz
06-19-2015, 10:53 AM
He engraved something on it once, but he "doesn't know how to run it"? Surely he knows enough to run a test sample, even text...

Dongles are usually tied to the specific motherboard in the machines, and getting the right dongle for the specific motherboard isn't always an easy job (sometimes yes, sometimes no).

This had better be one heck of a bargain, but I would start to mistrust what I'm hearing... incomplete, "it works for me, but I don't know how to use it", etc.

jarrod lineberry
06-19-2015, 11:32 AM
He was partners in it with someone else. They set it up and ran a test piece in leather. Their plan never materialized and he ended up with it. I need to check it out, but if it works properly it will be a bargain. About half price with less than 5min runtime on it. I would really like a simple cnc file I could put on a thumb drive to test it. Thanks.

Dan Hintz
06-19-2015, 11:41 AM
Grab a vector file off of the net in DWG format... anything will do. Load it into the program used to run the machine and see if it cuts.

jarrod lineberry
06-19-2015, 11:43 AM
If I have to buy a dongle how much would it cost? Is it only a copy protection thing for the software? Is there different software that can run it if he doesn't have it?

jarrod lineberry
06-19-2015, 11:44 AM
R u talking about running it directly from the machine with no pc attached? That is what I would prefer to do.

Bert Kemp
06-19-2015, 1:27 PM
Like Dan said just google free vector file download it to you thumb drive and sick it in the laser. I don't think you need the dongle for that but I'm not sure. Dongle should not cost to much and might even be privided by redsail. What happen to the one it had?

Bill George
06-19-2015, 1:28 PM
You should be able to move it around the table with the keypad arrow keys and fire the laser from the keypad. I would offer him 1/2 what he was asking or 25% of the new price whichever is lower. Buyers for used lasers that are not able to be tested is just not there. Cash talks.

jarrod lineberry
06-19-2015, 1:42 PM
He can't find it. Was the software on the dongle? He said the only disk it had was videos showing how to set it up. He is pretty clueless on it. He didn't even know what a USB thumb drive was when I tried to explain what the dongle looked like.

Scott Shepherd
06-19-2015, 1:54 PM
From what others are saying, it's a doorstop without the dongle.

jarrod lineberry
06-19-2015, 1:59 PM
That's what I need to find out. What's the best and worst case price wise if he can't find it?

Scott Shepherd
06-19-2015, 2:04 PM
I think your best best is to call Redsail and ask them. Like Dan said, some times it's easy, some times it's not. I think we'd only be guessing at this point. Redsail could give you the worst case and best cases.

jarrod lineberry
06-19-2015, 2:13 PM
Just to clarify. The dongle goes in the pc not the laser. Right? Can it do anything without the laser cuts software?

Bill George
06-19-2015, 2:26 PM
You need the dongle for the software to run the machine or create files to download to it. In my case I don't need a dongle at all but to put a file on your USB drive the machine will read, it has to be in a format the software creates. Kind of a catch 22.
The machine should operate as I have posted above, but not run a file.

Steven Yates
06-19-2015, 2:58 PM
I have a new red and black Redsail X700. It came with AutoLaser software for the PC, which does not need a dongle. I don't know if it has the same controller as what you are looking at, but I could provide a .OUT file tonight that you could try testing with. This is the format mine expects to find on a thumb drive.

jarrod lineberry
06-19-2015, 3:42 PM
Yes. Please. Just something small and simple to JARRODL1@HOTMAIL.COM

Clark Pace
06-19-2015, 7:32 PM
I have a x700 redail. My machine does not require a dongle? I would see it you can fill the tube up with with water, check water leaks, cracks in the tubes. See if the tube even works? A new tube with shipping to USA as least last year was around $400 for a 50watt.

I think your best best is to call Redsail and ask them. Like Dan said, some times it's easy, some times it's not. I think we'd only be guessing at this point. Redsail could give you the worst case and best cases.

jarrod lineberry
06-19-2015, 8:00 PM
Is yours blue? What was the date if manufacture? Are u using lasercuts 5.3? I though the dongle was for the software.

jarrod lineberry
06-19-2015, 8:28 PM
Found out it has a RDLC320-A (EC) Controller. Guy called his friend who ran the sample piece when they first got it and swears it never had a dongle. Is that possible?

Scott Shepherd
06-19-2015, 8:57 PM
Post 17 and 19 say their machines don't use the dongle. That's why we said it might be best to call the company and ask them so you know for sure for that machine.

jarrod lineberry
06-19-2015, 9:03 PM
It's Saturday in China now. I did find a Canadian number.

Scott Shepherd
06-19-2015, 10:53 PM
In post #2, Scott said they had a place in California.

Clark Pace
06-19-2015, 11:34 PM
Yes mine is blue and I use laser cut 3.5. No dongle needed. I use corel draw for drawing. And import my cutting files into laser cut. I'm very happy with mine.

In post #2, Scott said they had a place in California.

jarrod lineberry
06-20-2015, 1:13 AM
Don't think they are in California. They ship some of the look alike redsail from a warehouse in Ontario california, but the seller is in china. The true redsail brand has a China phone number and a CANADIAN phone number. On the site it lists it as CA. Easy to think it's cali.

Jerome Stanek
06-20-2015, 8:26 AM
I have the RDLC320-A controller and it does not need a dongle. It does need to see the laser to set up the first time but once setup it will be stand alone software. I set it up on my laptop and then moved the laptop to my office and run the laser off a cheap computer. I transfer files over a network hard drive

jarrod lineberry
06-20-2015, 11:32 AM
I have the RDLC320-A controller and it does not need a dongle. It does need to see the laser to set up the first time but once setup it will be stand alone software. I set it up on my laptop and then moved the laptop to my office and run the laser off a cheap computer. I transfer files over a network hard drive

What software are u using? Where did u download it?

Jerome Stanek
06-20-2015, 6:34 PM
I have RDcam 6.0.3 I downloaded from GWeike they sent me a link

jarrod lineberry
06-20-2015, 6:46 PM
Could u send me the download link? I looked for a link on the controller manufacturer site and couldn't find one. Do u like the software?

Bert Kemp
06-20-2015, 7:15 PM
what controller is in your machine

jarrod lineberry
06-20-2015, 7:29 PM
Rdlc320-a (ec)

Bert Kemp
06-20-2015, 7:32 PM
ok I've been looking for a download site for it but can't find one, you sure its not on the machine ? is it easycut or lasercut or are they samething?

Rdlc320-a (ec)

jarrod lineberry
06-20-2015, 9:15 PM
His son says it was download from the net. He doesn't know. Idk.

Jerome Stanek
06-21-2015, 10:06 AM
mine is called laserworks

jarrod lineberry
06-22-2015, 7:54 AM
I found the laserworks/Rdcam software and bought the machine. It looks new. The menu on the display says runtime 21 sec. It there a way to change the software from mm to inches?

Bert Kemp
06-22-2015, 6:02 PM
I have lasercut but they might be similar in the top tool bar there should be a box that says mm drop it down to find Inches let me know if it worked
Oh Congates on getting it I think you'll have fun once you get it all figured out.

I found the laserworks/Rdcam software and bought the machine. It looks new. The menu on the display says runtime 21 sec. It there a way to change the software from mm to inches?

jarrod lineberry
06-24-2015, 9:09 PM
It uses rdcam/laserworks and doesn't need a key. I finally found a place to download the software. Now I have to try to align the laser.

Bert Kemp
06-24-2015, 9:47 PM
Looks like you might be up and running soon Yeee haaaa now don't burn down the house :eek:

It uses rdcam/laserworks and doesn't need a key. I finally found a place to download the software. Now I have to try to align the laser.

jarrod lineberry
06-24-2015, 11:26 PM
Yep. Shouldn't be long now. The beam is hitting the first mirror close to the bottom. I don't see any up or down adjustment. Do you shim up the front mount of the tube?

Scott Marquez
06-24-2015, 11:57 PM
Yep. Shouldn't be long now. The beam is hitting the first mirror close to the bottom. I don't see any up or down adjustment. Do you shim up the front mount of the tube?
If there isn't any adjustment on the mirror stand, you can shim the tube. When we did the install on my table the tech told me that having the tube slightly raised on the output side was ok since it will let the air bubbles in the coolant water flow out easier. That is how my machine is currently set up and everything works great.
Scott

Bert Kemp
06-25-2015, 1:03 AM
Raising the tube for the first mirror might work but how do you adjust the other 2 or do they has adjustment knobs?

If there isn't any adjustment on the mirror stand, you can shim the tube. When we did the install on my table the tech told me that having the tube slightly raised on the output side was ok since it will let the air bubbles in the coolant water flow out easier. That is how my machine is currently set up and everything works great.
Scott