PDA

View Full Version : Trotec Jobcontrol Vision

Steven Toomey
06-18-2015, 7:18 PM
Does anyone have a Trotec with the camera system(Vision) installed? I'm curious as to how difficult this was to setup when you received the machine? Does it require an additional router? How long has the vision been out?

We just got in a Epilog M2 with camera system and haven't got it working and Epilog has no documentation. Starting to second guess my purchase and having buyer's remorse.

Scott Shepherd
06-18-2015, 7:48 PM
What do you mean an additional router? That seems odd. The Vision system has been out for a while. I don't have it, but we looked at it when we bought our machines 3-4 years ago and it was available then.

The Vision system is quite slick because when you print on a lot media that's not a hard media, like direct UV printing, but rather roll type printing. You get distortion when it goes through the printing, laminating, and application. The Vision system reads the registration marks, it knows where they are supposed to be and it will detect that image distortion and adjust the cuts to fit the distorted print. That's pretty common among those types of camera systems. It's a known thing that happens and that's how they deal with it on the Trotec, and on other CNC machines that use the same type system.

The Epilog uses a camera in the lid and it will not allow for distortion. I specifically had a conversation with them in Las Vegas a month or two ago at the show, and I was asking if it dealt with distortion and they told me that I'd have to measure the distortion and distort my Corel file to make that work. I know we couldn't use their system with our printing technology.

Steven Toomey
06-18-2015, 11:51 PM
Yes, it comes with a router and you have to have the network cables plugged into a specific port on the router. It's soo wonky. Here are my issues.

Something happens with my network when the router Epilog provides is plugged into the network. For some reason, it assigns a 10.0.0.1 ip address to the router. Our main network is 192.168.1.1, so the computer that is controlling the epilog now has no network or internet access. I have managed to solve this by manually assigning a ip address to the computer of 192.168.1.x, but then the camera system disconnects.

When we do have the camera system connected, it is asking us to find the fudicial in the center of the file sent, but there was no fudicial in the center, only on the 4 corners. We tried another file and were able to get it to recognize the fudicials, but when it went to read them, it moves the table out of focus and gives an error that not enough fudicials can be found.

Mike, I'll give you call tomorrow if you think you can still assist. Thanks.