PDA

View Full Version : Lasercut 5.3 Dongle

George M. Perzel
06-18-2015, 2:40 PM
Hi Gang;
I am working with a friend to install a Rabbitt RL1290 using Lasercut 5.3 on a Leetro 6535 controller laser in a production environment. I am being told that the controller requires a dongle to interface the computer with the laser. We will need to trigger the laser program from an external PLC controller. We can load it with the dongle if necessary, but need to start the program from the PLC controller. Is the dongle really needed to do this? Can the system work without the dongle?
I noticed on the schematic for the 6535 that there is a input option for a "Pedal Switch". Is this an external trigger - a momentary switch which drops the input to ground and starts the program?
Thanks for any help
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Bert Kemp
06-18-2015, 2:51 PM
As far as I know the dongle need to be in place for the program to work. I would call Ray or Carol at Rabbit they'll get you going asap

Dave Sheldrake
06-18-2015, 4:41 PM
Lasercut won't load if there is no dongle present George :(

Ray Scott
06-19-2015, 5:35 PM
The dongle needs to be in place for the LaserCut 5.3 software to run. If you are running the same file... all day long, then you don't even need the computer around. You can load the project into the laser machine with the USB port... You can use the operator pad to start the project ... or actuate the "start" command with the input terminal wires. This can be controlled by a PLC IO card. You can also communicate with controller using the Modbus serial communications. I am not intimately familiar with the Modbus communications, but I know it works.