PDA

View Full Version : unisaw motor mount bracket help

mark kosse
06-17-2015, 10:20 PM
Howdy all.

My '54 unisaw arbor bracket broke one day. After finding a new one I've discovered why it broke. The motor mount bracket is frozen. I pulled the guts out and the MMB doesn't move (pivot) inside the yoke. It should swing inside the yoke for the limited amount of travel, correct? I've soaked it for a day in kroil and now in wd40 for a more oily touch, tapped it with a mallet and it doesn't budge. It doesn't appear rusty in there. Any suggestions? Keep soaking, heat?

I've had the saw a few years and I wasn't planning to restore it but I guess I will now...since everything is apart.

Thanks, Mark

Brian W Smith
06-18-2015, 5:52 AM
I've got a part from a 190? pce of equipment "soaking" now.Been hitting it with Kroil,and ATF/Acetone for about a year,and still no movement.Just sayin,patience will get you so far.At some point our part is going under the knife,......errr torch.

Give the kroil some more time,do the tappy-tap method of trying to get it into the joint.And you can try a little bit of heat(propane) to help with the wicking.

Heat can come from several different forms......be careful with an OA setup.Good luck.