PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic Sheets

Bob Davis - Sturgis SD
06-17-2015, 12:25 PM
Hello All,

I have a couple big rolls of magnetic material in the shop from some unknown project in the past. I was going to fix it to 1/8 inch plywood and make some refrigerator magnets. Although I'm not 100% sure, it appears the magnetic sheets are made from vinyl.

Does anyone know of a source for magnetic sheets that don't have pvc or vinyl?

Thanks,

Bob

Bob Davis - Sturgis SD
06-17-2015, 1:09 PM
Bad habit, replying to my own thread, but.....

I called the company, Magnet King and they have Lots of different products, none of which can be cut on a laser. So I guess that's some news I didn't really want to hear.

Bob

Bert Kemp
06-17-2015, 1:19 PM
why not just cut with scissors and stick to wood cut outs
Bad habit, replying to my own thread, but.....

I called the company, Magnet King and they have Lots of different products, none of which can be cut on a laser. So I guess that's some news I didn't really want to hear.

Bob

Tony Lenkic
06-17-2015, 2:21 PM
Rowmak has a line of Lasermags that are laser friendly.

www(dot)rowmark(dot)com/laser/LASERmag/lasermag.asp

http://www.rowmark.com/laser/LASERmag/lasermag.asp

(Edit: Added active link. You guys outta read the TOS at least once. :rolleyes:;))

Bob Davis - Sturgis SD
06-17-2015, 4:03 PM
Rowmak has a line of Lasermags that are laser friendly.

www(dot)rowmark(dot)com/laser/LASERmag/lasermag.asp

Thanks Tony,

I'll order some of the Lasermag. Still, I wish there was some magnetic sheet product that could be attached to wood. I kind of like this stuff we're doing on 1/8 plywood.

Thanks,

Bob

Tony Lenkic
06-17-2015, 4:26 PM
You can attach it to plywood with double sided tape such as 3M 467MP or 468MP.

Joe Pelonio
06-17-2015, 8:07 PM
It's easy enough to cut with an Olfa knife, paper cutter or even scissors. The color layer is vinyl, made for outdoor signs on vehicles. Lasermag is much thinner and I wouldn't use it outdoors or on cars, though they advertise it for that. They won't last long, and are likely to blow off.

For your project, just cut squares (not on the laser) and use double sided tape on the color side to stick to the wood, I hve done that a lot with fridge magnets using scraps saved from doing vehicle magnetic signs..