PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly G1023RLX extension table legs

David Creekmore
06-17-2015, 11:25 AM
Need some help on the extension legs for the Grizzly G1023RLX what the manual shows is not the way it is. I called Grizzly Tech Support with out much help. I asked him to go down to their show room and take a picture of a G1023RLX they have on display. The gentleman was good enough to do that but it was not mounted like the manual shows. I used the 4 Phillips screws in the upper portion of the leg but the picture shows 1/4 by 1/2 bolts in the side. The holes in the front and rear rails do not line up with those holes in the legs and if they did the bolts at 1/2 inch in length would not be long enough to go thru rails extension table side and the leg. The picture of the one on display did not have any holes in the side mounting of the leg just those Phillips screws in the top part. Anyone that could shed some light on this would be appreciated. Thanks creek@optilink.us

Larry Browning
06-17-2015, 11:34 AM
I have an older (~2005) G1023SL. As I recall I needed to drill and tap the cast iron rails in order to install the extension table legs like I wanted them. This was actually no big deal as I had all the proper tools to do it with. Took about 5 minutes.

Randy Red Bemont
06-17-2015, 2:28 PM
I was going to send a pic of how mine is set up but it looks the same as the pic you posted. The legs sit against the underside of the top and are screwed in from the backside of the tops side pieces. Since I'm on a mobile base I left it as is. The holes in the rails line up with nothing on the tops side pieces. I hope that all makes sense. It's a great saw. You will like it.

Red

David Creekmore
06-18-2015, 9:40 AM
thanks for the feed back.

David Creekmore
06-18-2015, 9:43 AM
Thanks Larry, can not understand why Grizzly Tech Support could not give me this answer as well. Do you recall the length of the bolts you used? Thanks again.

I have an older (~2005) G1023SL. As I recall I needed to drill and tap the cast iron rails in order to install the extension table legs like I wanted them. This was actually no big deal as I had all the proper tools to do it with. Took about 5 minutes.

Larry Browning
06-18-2015, 10:29 AM
Thanks Larry, can not understand why Grizzly Tech Support could not give me this answer as well. Do you recall the length of the bolts you used? Thanks again.
No, I will need to look at it when I get home this evening. Give me a break, that was 10 years ago. I didn't call tech support, I just saw they didn't line up and started drilling.